www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

someone suggested I listen to my MP3 player while I play. I tried it today, but after playing a mini with someone who had both ear buds in is ears the whole round made me decide if I did choose to listen I would only use one ear bud at low volume.

I couldn't hear his music, so it wasn't a bother, but he didn't hear us a few times when we were talking to him.

I'm the kind of person that hates silence though, so I'll try it a bit and see how it works out. certainly didn't hinder my game today. and having the one ear free to hear the forest around me and the other with some good tunes felt really good.

anyone else listen to tunes while playing? at a mini or tournament?

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

nope it doesint do anything to my drives but it makes me lose concentration on my putts
i get kinda into my music =D
Not tried it yet

But your topic has convinced me to try it
I just got a tiny speaker that clips to my bag but weighs like nothing for 6$, and carry it on some rounds, since it can be monotonous playing non stop.
Ben Calhoun said:
I just got a tiny speaker that clips to my bag but weighs like nothing for 6$, and carry it on some rounds, since it can be monotonous playing non stop.

well, I guess there would be a difference between using an external speaker in a casual round with friends and in a tourney. duh :)
but I wonder if you (or anyone) thinks it helps when you just having a casual round with friends or when solo, would you then want to have something in your ear while you played a tourney? I'm guessing none of the top pro's listen to music while they play, am I wrong?
i listen to a mp3 player when i play. ive played some of
my best rounds wearing it. it keeps me from over thinkin
on putts and drives.
I usually use my Bose earbuds when I pratice.... If I play with anyone else I don't use them.. I do enjoy throwing with them on though, I crank the volume and I cannot hear anything else. Get some really good pre-round music going, get hyped up for warm up!! YEAH!
My circle listens to music but it is on ipod station. We all prefer to have music blasting during the round. It covers up a cough that conviently happens when you are putting for birdie or when the guy behind you spits. You can hear that stuff when everyone is quite but not when old Crow Medicine Show is playing. I would never listen to music in my ear. Disc golf is a social sport IMO. I enjoy walking to the next shot and talking with my buddies. That seems to be the best part of the sport. Just MO.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968