www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anyone can hit a drive thru or stop in at one of the chain restaurants but this is the place to get the 'local' info-- that incredible but cheap greasy spoon around the corner from your local course or even a sit-down place that will overlook dirt on your shoes after a killer round. Leave a link or just a name for your favorite place to fill up between or after rounds, even if its just the nearest place that has draft beer cheap and/or deep-fried bar foods. I love to travel and I always take discs and an appetite.

I'll start-- in Reidsville, NC there is a hole-in-wall BBQ place called Short Sugars (234 S Scales St Reidsville NC- Phone: (336) 349-9128) that is amazing, esp for the price. They may be short on tables and really really smoky, and you may get a long glance from the locals but soooo worth it. They'd even be happy to do to-go.

The course just up the road was opened in June 07 and while you do have to pay like $2 for course admission (its in a county park) the facilities are unbeatable, they even have camping spots by the lake.

Tags: beer, food, road, trip

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After I hit my first ace at South Hills in Oak Ridge TN, I went to Big Ed's pizza

c'mon you know you've seen the shirts
I like the pizza mini nibs.
After a round at Lake of the Sky Disc Golf Course in Tahoe Vista CA I can usually be found macking on a carne asada chimichanga from La Mexicana in Kings Beach, CA just a few short miles north up 28 on Lake Tahoe. There are mass amounts of mexican joints here but this one is head and shoulders above the rest!
"Taco V" right down the street from Black Mouse..nuthin fills your belly better than a asada super burritto after a round.
Except maybee a sandwich from "B-Lo Market"
Big Rapids, MI. If you play Northend Riverside park, a good place to stop in is Snyders BBQ/Market, or Big Boy. Snyders donates coupons to our league every week for a free lunch CTP, and has catered at events for us before. Big Boy usually donates two, dinner/lunch for two CTP's for our tournaments. Great to support the places that support us!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968