www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anyone can hit a drive thru or stop in at one of the chain restaurants but this is the place to get the 'local' info-- that incredible but cheap greasy spoon around the corner from your local course or even a sit-down place that will overlook dirt on your shoes after a killer round. Leave a link or just a name for your favorite place to fill up between or after rounds, even if its just the nearest place that has draft beer cheap and/or deep-fried bar foods. I love to travel and I always take discs and an appetite.

I'll start-- in Reidsville, NC there is a hole-in-wall BBQ place called Short Sugars (234 S Scales St Reidsville NC- Phone: (336) 349-9128) that is amazing, esp for the price. They may be short on tables and really really smoky, and you may get a long glance from the locals but soooo worth it. They'd even be happy to do to-go.

The course just up the road was opened in June 07 and while you do have to pay like $2 for course admission (its in a county park) the facilities are unbeatable, they even have camping spots by the lake.

Tags: beer, food, road, trip

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i know my fav place to eat after a round is a local coffee shop called the bean baskette (i also work there) but the owners are pretty heath consouse so you get good tasting food that is also pretty good get a sandwich with some fruit salad and a cup of joe and your ready for the next round (you are full but not stuffed)
i ususally just fo to the mini mart down the street from the course
they have awesome corn dogs and killer cheese sticks
It ain't cheap, but if you come to play the Bandemer Park course, near downtown Ann Arbor, you are only 5 minutes from Zingerman's Delicatessen. It's considered by experts to be one of the top several delicatessens in the whole world, and even a lot of New Yorkers think it's the best.
Mt Pleasant Mi. Taco Boy and Pizza King. Good food good price and they support/sponsor Disc Golf.
That reminds me-- big ups to SUB STATION II in the Carolinas for all their support of disc golf, they even brought lunch to the group for the sweet-@ss DVD Clash at Renny
we've got a similar thread going on here . Check it out.
Robbie T's pizza in Jamesville NY. Right around the corner from Jamesville Beach disc golf course, and some of the best pizza, wings and sandwiches in the area. He also sponsors alot of our disc golf events in the area. Great guy. If you stop in and tell him your coming from the course he's very happy to see you!

Discraft mini!
Charleston, SC -Moes Crosstown Tavern by Hampton Park (Temp Course) - Best bar food in the Lowcountry and great crowd.
Johns Island, SC - Hickory Hawg near Trophy Lakes - Great bbq and sweet tea.
West Ashley, SC - Groucho's Deli near Tidal Marsh DGC - Great sandwiches, try the Appolo.
Columbia, SC - Rockaways near Owens Field - Great burgers and Pimento Cheese Fries
Greenville and Easley, SC - Skins Hot Dogs near Red Owens Park - Fantastic hot dawgs and chili.
Any of the 28 courses in the Greater Cincinnati Area... go to Skyline afterwards. Good Cincinnati style chilli.
Up here in Redding, CA we have an abundance of small non-chain burger stands all over the place and one of the best is maybe a half mile from one of our courses its called Dudes Drive Inn. Quick ,Filling and always fresh. unless im playin Horsetown then i go to Pops 50's place and get me a Volcano burger 4 patties of carb drenched deliciousness LOL it doesnt matter though a few hours of walking and throwing is usually enough to get that down plus my buddies parents own the place. Tell em Dane sent ya.

Dudes Drive Inn
1644 Hartnell Ave., Redding, CA (530) 222-3775

Pop's 50's Place
3443 S Market St Redding, CA (530) 241-0487
In Kansas City - you go to Rosedale Park. There are two courses in the park, Rosedale and Down Under. Play them both, then head south on Mission Road less than a mile. At the corner of 47th and Mission, in an old gas station, is one great BBQ joint known as Oklahoma Joe's. Fantastic grub! In addition, they have a selection of disc golf stuff in the convenience store side of the building. Don't miss it!

http://www.oklahomajoesbbq.com/

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968