www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So what kind of baskets does everyone have at home? And does anyone have a "home made" basket? I am looking for a good portable basket to use in this little field next to my house but cannot really afford $160 right now....

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a Innova Disccatcher Sport $180.00
and a DGA M-14 $124.95 at Gotta Go Gotta Throw

http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/baskets-c-7.html?osCsid=73e5a...
i got a basket off ebay called an instep. Its a great buy (80 bucks) very similar to your regular metal baskets.

I love em
i use an m-14

about 130 bucks
Whats up StillDead

We have a couple innova discatcher sports (not too bad) and a Lightning DB5 (a real nice basket). Currrently we're making 9 "homemade" baskets that are pretty close to the same dimensions as a pdga approved basket. I don't have any pics of them yet, hopefully soon.
I use a innova skill shot, I think it was 100$ or so, Collapses like a camping bag chair, heavy but awesome. Fits in to trunk with a stroller and all the other family goodies.
its funny how you can get a sweet folding chair for 20 bucks or so, but the same material with some chains on it jacks it up a hundred bucks or more.....just my thoughts.
on our third skill shot here. all three have held up well and with careful shopping can be around $100.

of course a tone pole is a lot cheaper :)
I have a innova discatcher sport I paid 150 for it and it was a great buy, catchs putts better than other portable baskets
it's a high price but seems to hold up better than a m-14 or instep basket which didnt last to long for me
go with the mach lite for a fold up basket and prolly the m14 for a metal basket

i have an innova skillshot and its been pretty good to me if you get one dont leave it set up or the canvas cover starts to wear at pressure points

i really wish i would have bought the mach lite for a portable collapsable basket tho

http://www.discgolfassoc.com/discgolf-equipment/baskets/m14-discgol... (m14)

http://www.discgolfassoc.com/discgolf-equipment/baskets/mach-lite-d... (mach lite)
Thanks everyone... these are some really great options. I looked at the DGA M-14 and it looks like the way to go, but is it possible to add additional chains on to these? 14 chains seems like they would let some discs slip through...

If ya'll get a chance check out Troy Built's photos of his back yard, he's got 4 homemade baskets that he did himself and he said they cost him about $100.... they are pretty sweet!

If anyone else has pics I'de love to check them out!
Look on Ebay.
See if anyone is selling a 'used' basket.
If you can afford a DB5 ($160 & free shipping w/ a couple free discs), I recommend them. They're built pretty solid, hold up awesome outside (not a spec of rust on it), are portable and have a strong base. I added six inner chains within minutes. They're not as cool looking as a chainstar, but they're half the price.

My kids even use it!

Homemade baskets are sweet too and a lot cheaper if you have the right tools and materials.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968