www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Let's have some fun ,I will start us off ",You might be addicted to disc golf if" The only multiplication you can do is by three's or, You get upset at Christmas when no wrapped gifts appear to be round, Family vacation has to be near disc golf courses,Your wife asks you weekly, Did you buy another disc today?, Your disc collection cost more than the wifes wedding ring. Keep it goin.

Views: 424

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are definatley addicted to disc golf if you have read all the posts here to see how bad you are compared to other folks !!
You can't sleep at night because there are discs on the way to your house in the mail.
You are addicted when all your vacations are planned around golf tourneys(yes my wedding too)
your family is addicted if :....
..the highlight you your son's vacation trip home is to meet JIM ORUM at sky south and buy discs....
..your power bill is less than what you spent at the the disc golf store.. yes sky south.
..you work a string of night shifts (5pm-5am) and you just have to get in 18 before you go home.
.. when you open your mouth to start a sentence and the guys you work with say "IF THIS IS A DISC STORY STOP" and you don't say a word cause your seriously out numbered...
..an old lady sees you pushing a stroler in the park, walks over to see the baby, only to find out it's your disc cart, and walks off shaking her head (i told her they were all my babies picked up the putter kissed it and put it down for a nap).
..you quit driving the eclipse spyder rag top cause the stroler (disc cart) will not fit in it...
..if you read all 23 pages of this thread in one sitting (while on night shift) just itching for 5am to play another 18.

best of luck to ya'll
You are addicted when you end up sidelined and unable to play for 3 months due to a knee injury and the only joy you find in the first weeks are videos and photos from GGRUS. You find the forums a decent replacement for the conversatoins typically heard at the course...AND you try all the disc golf games onlonen hoping the the sounds of the CHAINS scratch the itch that needs to scratched.
You are addicted when you pay for a monthy pass , but only play , maybe once a month !!
You can't wait for the sun to come up in the morning to play another round.
Niagara falls...

Back in the late 70s the MSU Ultimate Frisbee team made a road trip to play at S.U.N.Y. Rochester. We stopped at Niagara Falls, and decided to sacrifice one white Wammo 180 g "Master" Frisbee disc (the standard for Ultimate before the Ultra-Star was invented by Discraft) to the mighty Horseshoe Falls from the Canadian side.

We elected our biggest arm to do so, Bruce Vail. This was the single greatest disc throw I have ever seen, and TRUST ME, I have seen a lot, after playing 25 + years of Ultimate and 7 years of full time Disc Golf.

His throw went out directly over the rim on a 30-degree hyser, shinning like a beacon against the vast darkness (the falls is brightly lit at night with floodlights), following the exact contour of the horseshoe. It looked like he made it at least 1/3 of the way to the center of the horseshoe and dipped out over the rim, and eventually out of sight. We were astonished.

But then, as if by a miracle, he had put so much spin on this toss, it flattened out about 100 feet down, and that's when the spray from the mighty falls started lifting it back up, up, up, ... it became visible to us again, up, up, up, rising toward the heavens… up, up, up, dangling now 100 feet ABOVE the very center of the horseshoe... it just kept going, and going, and then it started drifting BACK over the water, back towards us again!!!

It then started its decent and finally hit the water a good 600 feet to our right, and we all watched, for at least another 30 seconds for the floating disc to rush by right in front of us, accelerating faster and faster, and finally tumble over the edge and down into the void.

We all just stood there in awe. No BS, the flight lasted a good 2 minutes. None of us will ever forget it.
If you sleep with an ESP Buzz under your pillow.
If you have a mini basket in every room of your house and you tell your wife they are for the kids to play with.
Why Cant you Play at night?
If you play in 24" of snow with 30mph wind gust!
Thats why I only own plastic Plates so I can putt them into my sink!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968