www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been going through many putters and after I settled on one (Omega Super-Soft) my putting improved greatly but if the basket was any farther then 20 feet the disc would most likely wobble or even slip out of my hand and fall to the left. I got a soft WIzard (actually feels pretty hard like a dx Aviar) and The disc does not wobble at all and is usually better for longer shots but feels to hard for closer shots. I could just stick with using one for close shots, one for longer ones, but I would like to know know why this is happening? Is it a common problem? The only thing I can think of is that on farther shots The floppy disc bends because of the fast movement, and forces the disc to wobble when released. My main concern is that at the inbetween distances I do not know which to use and feel uncomfortable either way.

Tags: Putting, wobble

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wobble is usually related to not getting a clean release......I used to have this problem until I changed my grip.....read lots of articles online and changed my grip....helped so much, especially in wind. Disc golf review has tons of articles with instructional tips....check it out......may feel funny at first to change grips but I am sure glad that i did.
There is nothing inherently wrong with a putt that wobbles. There are no style points on a scorecard.

I know two great putters whose putts fly like a wounded duck - Critter Bill Themm and J-Bird Matthes. I would trade putts with either in a heartbeat.

A wobbling putt tends to go slower and so is less likely to bounce out or blow through. If your wobbling putt consistently hits center chains then you can laugh all the way to the bank.
My putts wobble hahaha that sounds funny.
I don't think it is a grip problem...I think it has to do with the amount of spin you give the disc.
But the more spin, the chance you have that the disc wil ricochet off a link and out of the basket, is also higher.
It doesn't really matter what kind of putter you use. I have 3 in my bag and use them all(hard and soft aviar putters). I think the main thing is to stick with one and train.
It will come to you but you need to give yourself some time.
Most players play for a long time untill they are good....it takes a lot of efford to become a good player.
Good luck
mark ellis said:
There is nothing inherently wrong with a putt that wobbles. There are no style points on a scorecard.
I know two great putters whose putts fly like a wounded duck - Critter Bill Themm and J-Bird Matthes. I would trade putts with either in a heartbeat.

A wobbling putt tends to go slower and so is less likely to bounce out or blow through. If your wobbling putt consistently hits center chains then you can laugh all the way to the bank.

doesn't wind affect the flight a whole lot more if it wobbles ?
Actually when it wobbles it is effected less because it is spinning less and drops faster (at least for me). I am now only using a soft (still pretty hard) Wizard because I can get a lot of snap on it and it beats going back and with two. forth

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968