www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Do you think people should bring there dog to the DGC ?

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My 2yr old Golden , comes out with me on casual rounds . When I first started taking her out to the course, she would time her bark to the exact second that I was releasing my drive !
I keep her at home for money rounds, tag challenges , etc.
I've seen plenty of dogs during casual rounds, most mind their own business and one will even retrieve bad shots from the bottom of the creek. I like having them around for casual rounds. I would even love to be able to take mine to tournaments with me since it would make logistics of out of town weekenders easier, but I understand that not everyone wants them there and people should respect that.
Do to the fact that a lot of dog owners never took the time to train their pet, no.
However, my dog, MOLLY, Is a well behaved dog that enjoys playing along with us. I known it is illegal in our park, but I have never cared about that. The poop issue is straight forward- pick it up- or throw it off into the woods.
i agree...no dogs in tournament play, but i bring Dakota (he's an 8 year old Husky) out almost every day i disc. he loves being out on the course, been going with me since he was a puppy!
I am an avid dog lover, and love petting peoples dogs at the parks, but are we forgetting the dog piles that get left in the fairway?!? During tournaments...no way, They shouldn't be allowed in the playing areas similar to a baseball field or football field. Sorry, my personal feelings on the matter. We all know that everyone with a dog does not clean up the poop, caca, dookie or whatever you what to call it, so nope. Leave Fido at home or take him to the "DOG PARK" where he gets to play.

I think Ill go play a round !
I think dogs are okay if they are well behaved. Some dogs I have witnessed just run around and bark, and at the worst time, I watched a dog chase a disc after the players drive. Those dogs need to be left at home. My positive experiences with dogs are those that sit or lay down by the players bags, friendly with all the players, and do not bark what so ever. The dog was awesome, and I dont mind that dog to tag along.
I'm sorry if I seem like a *%(*)^ but dogs go with frisbees not discs. No dogs should be allowed on the disc golf course whatsoever. No exceptions, well maybe guide dogs for blind golfers. Dogs do not understand when it is time to be quiet, nor usually do their owners understand when to be quiet. Find a park with out the disc golf for your dog walk. And if you have to play disc golf then you are letting your dog down, take the animal somewhere it can run free.
My dog goes to the park with me almost every casual round I play. He always knows when I'm going and gets excited, because he knows that he's going, too. But never to a PDGA tourny. And I clean up after him, too.
Absolutely dogs should not be at a tournament, for anyones sake and/or personal damage to dog/disc.
My dog moe is an absolute fan of DG and loves everytime i take him. It did take me 3 years of training him and now has been avidly watching for six. i play in tournaments and leave him at home. as for casual play, i wouldn't be out taking him for a "walk" so i think he thanks his lucky stars i play and an addict.....
he knows where to pooper and i clean it up. people all know my dog and usually don't mind him at all.
I think that if its a dog that knows whats up then its all good, but make sure that your buddies know when good ole Duke is comming out.
Yea , It is wierd sometimes if your playing doubles, bag tag challenges or for $$ , and someone shows up with a dog that has no course time . I will say again that the dogs that wear packs that carry disc and water for the owner usually are the best dogs for playing disc golf with, becuase they feel like they have a job to do . I love my Golden ,but you have to think about other DGers and how this is affecting there game, if at all, Thats why i can see where frisbeegolfguy is comming from .MY dog would much rather be in the water getting muddy fetching sticks, disc, balls . etc.. If you think about it, dogs are prohibited from going on Ball Golf courses . But, this also goes with the freedom one feels when playing DG .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968