www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Do you think people should bring there dog to the DGC ?

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Land mines? that what i call them . cause when you step in one you tend to BLOW UP. lol
I'm developing a course in a large county forest that's home to lots of deer, sandhill cranes and Great Blue herons. I, too, like dogs, but want none on the course at ANY time because the wildlife that I want to see gets chased away by the dogs. Having named one hole "Whitetail," I think most people would agree that they'd rather see deer than dogs running around. If you've never had the chance to name the individual deer on a course or to have to shoo them into the rough so as not to drive over their heads, then you probably can't relate.

not in parks where they're disallowed
not in tourney groups
if we're playin for money and Im up I might call off my lab from crowding the teebox ;)
I can go most rounds at the home course without even talking to mine^
mine are mature and mellow with manymany course hours
sadly people judge by the worst they've seen
so control 'em if ya got 'em
I like have dogs running around during casual rounds. As far as tournaments are concerned it's just not good etiquette. I had a dog in my group that rolled in fresh cow crap and then graze my leg in passing. I had to spend two more days smelling like S!@#t.
I love dogs, I love disc golf, I like monkeys too

I've played many times with friends in the company of dogs, I've personally never had a problem. I don't have a dog now but I may some day again. I don't want someone telling me I can't bring my WELL BEHAVED dog to the course.
I do not have a dog and I have no problem with dogs being on the course as long as the owner and the dog are not too far from each other.
hey now,NO!.Most county parks have rules against any pets,other then seeing eye dogs,but there again it's a rule that's not enforced.Dog parks,casual walks with your pet is fine.Leashed or not,well trained,sorry but I'm out to enjoy my game and time. Not having to worry about what I'm stepping in,disc is landing in,possibility of your pet just losing it's cool no matter how well trained.Please leave them home.
Bring them to normal games

But not to tournaments

and pick up their poop
we are all animals. some of us need to be on a leash as well. and somebody needs to pick up after a few of us.. as long as you can control the sit.!! uation ,,cool.. keep the courses clean,, or we will all haft to go on a leash....peace to the dogs...disc hard - live easy
people need to use judgement not to offend others. on the other side tolerance.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968