www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Do you think people should bring there dog to the DGC ?

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not a dog hater. I had a loyal German Shepherd - Ruby for 14 years. She's up in dog heaven now....I do think though during any type of tournament play it should not be allowed in the group.

I was in a tourney where a player had his friends, and his wife with him also his dog which had a collar that was very loud when rattled while walking with us.

Now I can't remember if in the PDGA Rulesevent a dog is allowed or not. Nobody said anything and I believe the park allowed dogs also.

In casual play I don't if dogs are there or not. Tournament play they should not be allowed. It's something that shouldn't even happen. You need to respect others around you.

I didn't care to much I took 1st at the tournament it didn't bother me then.

Josh
If they are well trained ..... YES....but always on a leash.
tourneys NO! dogs should be off limits

just playing a round of casual golf yes its good for you and your dog to get out
but if they chase discs (like mine) chain them to a tree when not holding the leash
Iam in San Diego a really dog friendly city. Morley Field has a leash rule , but on an average day I see people out there with there dogs running around.
For Tournament play no way , but for a casual round a dog on a leash is fine.
Graet danes tend to be good compainons on the course.
If owners can't control their dogs, they need to keep them off of the course. If the owner of the dog is a responsible owner, then absolutely yes, the more dogs the merrier.

Dogs off a leash should never be on the course. I wouldn't let my daughter run around the course unattended for the same exact reason, it is just too dangerous. Now I know, mostly squirrels, birds and low flying aircraft are in danger when I throw, but I have thrown a couple of knee high drives that could seriously hurt anyone or any animal that got in its way.

Please don't ruin my day by letting your animal be in a dangerous place and it be my disc that hits them.

And for goodness sake, please pick up after your animals!
Yea man , People need to pick up after there pets, I don't see what the big deal is . There's nothing worst then having a sweet drive land next to a pile of poo !!
Yes there is, having a sweet drive land IN a pile of poo =)

My dog Jake goes with me to the course as much as he can. He could care less about the discs, Just likes to chase the squirrels and rabbits. He knows his way around the course as well as I do! I do carry a couple of shopping bags with me just in case! I can't stand it when people don't clean up after their dogs!
I agree. Tourneys are not the place for dog. I did bring my dog out when I watched a tourney, but not if I was playing. at least when I was watching the tourney I was able to focus on controling him so that he didn't get out of line.

Its too much of a distraction for me since he's a 1 year old beagle who's full of energy. IMO, dogs should be taken only to rec rounds or leagues (if the league director says ok).
I have a well trained dog that has played dozens of PDGA rounds with me. However, during PDGA rounds he is on a leash clipped to my bag. His collar is removed so his tags won't rattle and make noise. He wears a silent harness. He sits when I set my bag down and he doesn't get up until I pick my bag up to go to the next hole. He doesn't bark but he does quiver sometimes when he sees a squirrel or another dog.
My Dog would be a terror if I brought him out to tourney rounds. He's headstrong, 18 months old, and about 80 pounds... Now, if I'm holding him on a lead, he's perfect. He'll walk at MY pace, he'll ignore all distractions, and sit when I tell him to. But if his leash is merely attached to something his territory to explore becomes any area he can reach, and if he's just attached to my bag that becomes anywhere he can drag the bag.

I love taking Atticus out for casual rounds, he's a lot of fun, and when me and my friend Evan play speed-golf in the mornings he gets a lot of exercise from running with the timer/scorer. But a PDGA Sanctioned, or really ANY money round? I'm going to leave him at home in his crate to chill out for a while with his favorite rawhide and some water.

-Chris.
I agree, dogs have their time and place in a park, but not during a tournament

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968