www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started putting practice on Saturday. I hadn't touched a disc in over 6 weeks since I have pinched a nerve in my neck that is bothering my right shoulder and arm. I am going to try to practice 15 minutes twice a day.

8/16/8 Saturday - I practiced twice today. The first time I felt so-so, but the second time my shoulder felt very sore. I am putting mainly in the 15 to 20 foot range.

8/17/8 Sunday - I practiced twice today. I felt much better and moved back to 20 to 25 feet for a fair time.

8/18/8 Monday - I practiced twice today. The first session felt pretty bad. Today is the first 8 hour day that I've worked in a week plus since my neck was feeling better I also went back to wearing bib overalls at work. That was a big mistake. The right strap on the overalls kept pressure on that nerve and by lunch time it was starting to hurt and my right arm was tingling and going numb from my shoulder down to my thumb. After work I iced it down and it felt better, but while putting it had no life at all. The second session felt much better and although I am still putting mainly from about 20 feet, I also moved out to 25 and 30 feet some.

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i need to get back to that it really does help with confidence. keep up your practice it helps a lot
Bummer about your neck nerve but glad to see you're back at it :)
I hope you feel better
8/19/8 Tuesday - I practiced putting twice today. I went to the chiropractor this morning and when I got home I home I putted for 15 minutes. I felt pretty good at 15-20 feet and also good at 20-25 feet. Then I went to the dentist and after that I played 9 holes at Gower Park then putted 15 minutes on the 1st basket. When I first started putting my right shoulder was aching and I didn't feel comfortable outside of 10-12 feet. But after about 2 minutes I felt okay back at 15-20 feet and then 20-25 course again. But after about 12 minutes I was tired and had to move back to 15-20 feet. It's very seldom that I play during the heat of the day, but with a chiropractor and dentist appointment both I had taken the day off.
8/20/8 Wednesday - I practiced twice today. I was putting around and comfortable at my usual 15-20 foot range and I started playing a game with myself. I used to play it n putting practice and it made the15 minutes go by quickly. I played 9 holes at Holmes then came home and practiced another 15 minutes. This time I refined my game a little and I think that it will help me be comfortable with my putting and also stretch my range. My neck is still pretty sore, but I am taking next week off of work and hope to heal some during the week.
8/21/8 Thursday - I practiced two times today. The first time out I was very uncomfortable putting. It was fairly windy, but my shoulder was sore and generally uncomfortable. I was okay in the 12-15 foot range and finally out to the 15-20 foot range. I played my game but I was generally lousy at it. The second time out the wind has settled down and my shoulder was feeling better. I played my game much better and worked my way out much farther. For general putting I started at the 15-20 foot range and moved out to 20-25 foot range. It was a much better outing than the earlier one.
8/22/8 Friday - I practiced twice today. The first time out was after I had gone grocery shopping and iced down my neck.. The outer bands from Fay are floating through the area and it is fairly breezy and overcast. My shoulder is still sore from the pinched nerve in my neck, but I am getting more comfortable putting with it. I went to the bone shaker again this morning and he says that he'd like to see me two times next week and then come in as I feel that I need it. it still scares me when he cracks my neck, but the relief is very apparent.

I am still stuck in the 15-20 foot range. I have to admit that I feel more comfortable than I did a week ago, so I have hopes that I will improve with time.

I am really thinking about getting a good basket for the back yard. My home basket is very cheap and not a good catcher. That isn't much of a bother but it's very hard on the discs and my putters are getting beat up pretty fast. I am thinking that a basket would make a great Christmas gift!
hey now,what about trying the elastic tape that was used at the Olympic volleyball games for their shoulder injuries?New to the market,not sure what brand name it's under.Just an idea.Peace

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968