www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been looking for a good pair of shoes to wear during my DG rounds...I live in a pretty arid state, but I run across a fair amount of water. I have tried the Bite shoes that are specifically made for Disc Golf, but the interior of the shoe is a bit weak and has worn out. I want to find something better...

Any suggestions?

Views: 5776

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

waterproof hiking boots

in the summer i play in flop flops and just kick them off when i throw
throwing barefoot is kinda cool feeling lol

in the winter i just wear my boots tho
they where hard to get use to but i can throw fine in them now

canverse also are good throwing shoes in the summer
nice and light weight
Yes! I know of the best wet weather shoes ever made. The company is called Vasque and the name of the shoe is called Catalyst. It comes in low, mid, and high. I think all choices are gor-tex sealed too. I have and prefer the mid catalyst for ankle support. I have 2 pairs of these and i mainly use them for wet weather ie: rain, dew, sprinklered courses, sloppy muddy teepads, etc etc etc. The reason why these shoes rule is cos of the sole. The sole is made out of Stealth rubber. This rubber is very durable and very sticky. Thats why I do not use them for dry weather. In dry weather they have a tendency to stick on my plant foot rotation and it throws off my timing. The best part of the shoe is when it's raining in a tournament and you see everyone slipping and shanking all over the place and then you step on the tee and plant as hard as you normally would like on a dry summer day and blast one on point 400 feet. For dry weather the best shoes I have ever found are the Nike Bandolier 1 mid gore-tex. They don't make these anymore so I buy the Bandolier 2 mid gore-tex. Its the same shoe with a new look but I like the way the 1's look better. These Nike's are very light and very comfortable right out of the box. I never got a single blister. Its like there is no break in period. They kind of feel like Jordan's for a hiking shoe. I swear by both of these. I hope this helps! -Ruben
I can recommend the LOWA GTX. These are very nice shoes. Comfortable, aggressive tread, and waterproof. A little expensive, but worth it IMO.
For muddy conditions I use a cheap Hi-Tec brand hiking/workboot that I'd never hike in more than a mile but its good for sloppy conditions. When/if they get ruined, no worries.

For wet/cold and most all other time I have to say my Merrill low-tops are the bomb. They fight thru brambles and anything else, plus the support and tread are great for all terrains. I found mine for $50 2 years ago and the Gore-tex waterproofing allows me to just brush dried-on mud off with my hand. They even double as a casual work shoe on Fridays.
I've been a fan of the waterproof Merrel's for many years now.

They are expensive, but they are truly waterproof, and comfortable.

Salomon all the way

I know a lot of you play on 'groomed' courses, so converse or what-not might work...

BUT here in Montana, Disc Golf is more hiking intensive, so Salomon hiking footwear rocks!
why?
  • First and foremost, COMFORT, Salomon is the closest natural fitting footwear on the market. Complete with orthotic style footbeds.
  • Second, Excellent grip.. ContaGrip is not only super grippy, but it last a long time too.. non-marking, aggressive tread.
  • Third, QuickLace system, invented by Salomon (first in ski boots) now on almost all Salomon shoes, and COPIED by the entire industry. No laces to trip on OR tie, and YES, they keep your shoes firmly in-place, without slipping.
  • Fourth, DURABILITY - I am rough on shoes, and Disc Golf is no exception. A large part of the Salomon footwear line is reinforced in areas that need it, toe caps, double and triple stiching, etc.
  • Lastly, Great Selection... you want Gore-Tex, got it, Breathable, got it, Low cut, got it, mid cut, got it, high/boots, got it, .. i could go on, and on... :)
The BEST pair of Salomon's I have played with - Salomon Super X Low -D. Feldberg in Salomon Super X Low's - Unfortunately this model is no longer in production...

this is basically what i do for a living, so I apologize for going above and beyond :) but SOLOMON is where it's at...

and as far as BITE goes, heh, keep trying... or stick to ball golf.

oh, BUT don't take my word for it, throw a pair on, and you'll be hooked too!
I use a pair of Water Proof, Hi-Tec Tundras. Great for those wet days. I really enjoy them, even more so when there are some gel insoles in them. Super comfy then.
my boots are ozark trail brandy || there super grippy and waterproof
the best part is you can buy them at wal mart for under $30
Any Merrell Chameleon Wraps (Web, Gore Tex, etc.). Worth the money for the comfort and durability.
The best shoe by far are Merrell . They make all types of shoe style to fit the terain or weather that you may encounter .
Iam a pretty avid DGer and 1 pair will last 1 or 2 yrs , before you have to think about getting a new pair .
has anyone tried these shoes yet, they look pretty cool
https://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/products_sprint.cfm
Hey I would suggest you to buy Salomon or Merrill or North face but most prefer of Salomon ! because they are a good qualifitied running trail shoes. Very reasonable prices. Also, it is good for your balance of standing while you putt. You will feel tight in ur arch feet at first then few days later, you will get used to it but it is all good for you !! Pardon my english grammar because I am deaf. ha ha.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968