www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been looking for a good pair of shoes to wear during my DG rounds...I live in a pretty arid state, but I run across a fair amount of water. I have tried the Bite shoes that are specifically made for Disc Golf, but the interior of the shoe is a bit weak and has worn out. I want to find something better...

Any suggestions?

Views: 5878

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll throw in another vote for Merrell's. I have a pair of the gortex mids and they really are waterproof. My feet breath just fine in this particular pair, unlike the Merrell gortex hiking boots I have. The sole is grippy and very durable. I also like the way they look. 5 months later I still feel like I got my 100$ worth.
Vasque w/ gore-tex=Comfort, light, waterproof, durable, support. 'Nuff said.
Vasque Velocity, I like these because they last longer than any other shoe out there and I have long been a fan of Salomon but got tired of paying $100 every 4 months.My Vasque have lasted a year, just bought my second pair and am hoping to get another year out of those as well.
What do you guys do to your shoes I have a pair of Merrell's for the past year and they still holding up nice and broke in but still waterproof and no probs. Going for the Salomons for summer as Leather Gortex a bit to warm. I play in wooded rocky up and down New England Course Some of you must be rough or dragging toes and Tpads?
POSTED BY: daygamer:
I've had two pairs of Bite Disc Golf shoes since the fall. The reinforced toes are not reinforced enough. I know, I shouldn't have bought a second pair. The shoes are good in theory. Maybe with a little shoe glue or some electrical tape wrapped around my right foot...
bobd said:
I've had two pairs of Bite Disc Golf shoes since the fall. The reinforced toes are not reinforced enough. I know, I shouldn't have bought a second pair. The shoes are good in theory. Maybe with a little shoe glue or some electrical tape wrapped around my right foot...

Those are my shoes too....I wish I could find a pair that held up for more than a few months. Sad thing is, I have a pair of no name el cheapo, Payless shoes that I bought 4 or 5 years ago that are holding up better than most new pairs i buy today :/

Wish i could find something that the toes on the right foot didn't get chewed to hell.
you must be a lefty like me. I drag my right toe on my follow thru. My bites were doing the same thing but I caught it early. I did glue it up with some "shoe goo" and put a good coat on the outside too. This happens to all shoes I wear for DG so its not just the Bites. I will just keep a layer of shoe goo built up on that toe and I think these will last me a while!

Chris Ferry said:
bobd said:

Those are my shoes too....I wish I could find a pair that held up for more than a few months. Sad thing is, I have a pair of no name el cheapo, Payless shoes that I bought 4 or 5 years ago that are holding up better than most new pairs i buy today :/

Wish i could find something that the toes on the right foot didn't get chewed to hell.
I have recently bought KEEN TARGHEE 2 LOW and very glad. They are light, wide in the front which makes them vary stable, waterproof, they have sole that grips really well, protected front and back.

They might feel a little high abpve the ground, but it is not a major factor at all.
The only thing is that you HAVE to buy a half size larger.
My latest shoes are Northface high top hikers don't know the exact model but they are goretex and best grip of any shoe I've ever used. They seem to be holding up well to the concrete pads too.
The best shoes for disc golf are leather sandals with all the straps cut off. Throw them upside down and they soar pretty well.
next month im going to buy some new waterproof Merrells. i cant wait.
Salomon XT Wings WP

Amazing traction, great stability, they are super durable and plus they are waterproof. Everything that you need in a Great Disc Golf shoe.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968