www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been looking for a good pair of shoes to wear during my DG rounds...I live in a pretty arid state, but I run across a fair amount of water. I have tried the Bite shoes that are specifically made for Disc Golf, but the interior of the shoe is a bit weak and has worn out. I want to find something better...

Any suggestions?

Views: 5645

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Merrell Gortex Wraps Chameleon

Waterproof, comfortable and great grip.

I also suggest useing wigwam socks. Canada version fit perfect with the wraps and are extremely warm.
HAY I GOT SOME TIMERLAND HYPER TRAILS WITH GORTEX AND VIBRAM SOLES .I GOT THEM OFF EBAY FOR 64 BUCKS THEY ARE GREAT SHOES .REAL TOUGH CHEAP SHOES.
Nike Cortez probably not the best disc golf shoe but I wear them year around. even in the snow. water proof socks and drywall screws in the sole! works for me
Merrel makes this great boot GorTex Vibram soles great traction even on slick surfaces with 200g thinsulate was out in 11 degree weather yesterday never got cold just need gators as they are only about 6in tall
Back in the mid-90's the Tanels were popular with players. The circular soles worked great but the quality of the shoes were poor and they broke down quickly.

I liked the feel and the performance of my first pair but they died a quick death. In a month the uppers tore out. I bought a second pair to see if the first was a fluke. It wasn't .

I haven't seen then since.

edism said:
Just curious if anybody has tried the Tanel 360 turf shoes? http://www.tanel360.com/ordering/index.cfm?action1=Prod&action2...
I don't own nor have ever tried on a pair but I find them interesting and might try them if spring ever gets here.

Ive been runnin these-
northface hedgehog mid (w/goretex xcr), here modified with #6 1/2"hexhead sheetmetal screws drizzled with superglue...
I got a pair of Merrell Chameleon Treks last week.

I owned some Merrells but they didn't last long. Now I'm wearing KEEN Voyageurs and they seem very good. They have an excellent rubber toe that comes all the way up the front and have good traction. They are also the most comfortable shoes I've owned. THey make another version called Targhee II which are waterproof. You can get good pictures of these (or any shoe ) at zappos.com and shoes.com
Here in Oklahoma its Dew in the morning and Humid heat in the afternoon. I have sworn by my New Balance AT 811 for more than I can remember. Excellent traction plus ventolation. In the winter if you wear two pairs of socks you cant tell the difference. I got these shoes at a retail store for like 35 bucks after taxes. check em out, they won't fall apart on you.

Edward said:
I owned some Merrells but they didn't last long. Now I'm wearing KEEN Voyageurs and they seem very good. They have an excellent rubber toe that comes all the way up the front and have good traction. They are also the most comfortable shoes I've owned. THey make another version called Targhee II which are waterproof. You can get good pictures of these (or any shoe ) at zappos.com and shoes.com
These are my Favorite Shoes ever to play Disc Golf.

Avery Jenkins said:
Salomon XT Wings WP

Amazing traction, great stability, they are super durable and plus they are waterproof. Everything that you need in a Great Disc Golf shoe.
Avery,
Good on you that Salomon sponsors you.
Looks like a decent shoe.
Merrells if I must pay out of my pocket.
I found a few shoes that work great. Montrail (great lateral support), Vasque, Garmont (great arch support and instant break in) and Soloman. All can be purchased in Gortex. There is an awesome online shoe store called Zappo's.com. Tones of shoes and free return policy. Just print out the return slip and drop it off at UPS. Plus you can get the shoe's in just a day sometimes!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968