www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been looking for a good pair of shoes to wear during my DG rounds...I live in a pretty arid state, but I run across a fair amount of water. I have tried the Bite shoes that are specifically made for Disc Golf, but the interior of the shoe is a bit weak and has worn out. I want to find something better...

Any suggestions?

Views: 5610

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well here are a few that I use. My favorite is Montrail. Very rigid mid sole for great lateral stability. Also diff. foam stiffness. for over pronation or supination. Second, Northface. Takes a bit to break them in, but a very stable shoe. The rest in no particular order. Vasque, Garmont, and Salomon. Out of the latter I'd say Salomon has the least lat. support. Unless you buy their high end shoes. For me, it's all about lateral support due to all the side to side movement when throwing. So that's why I would push for the Montrails. Also, for more $$$ all of these come in Goretex.

If you want a great web site. You should go to Zappo's.com Great selection, return policy, and you get them within a day. Heck I ordered them in the morning one time and got them that night. I was impressed.
NOT Keen Targhee 2 Mid. Just got a pair, the rubber separated from the leather in less than 24 holes during their first use! I'm pissed!
To each his own.. Ive tried, Garmonts (Eclipse XCR), best fit for me... but broke down too quickly for my liking. Keen, with their goretex are pretty good, but my just broke. Saloman's don't fit me well, they are for people with high arches and skinny feet.

Merrells were nice, but again, wore out a little fast for my liking.
I've been through about my 5th pair of Merrils. They just aren't making them the same as they used to. I am trying a pair of north face right now and so far so good. No problems. Oh, I always get the gortex shoes, I hate water socks.
One thing to think about with shoes though.... make sure your follow through is good and you're light on your feet during your throw. I got a pair of Merrells and because my technique isnt that great, im putting too much pressure on my ankle and knee (right side) due to not following through correctly. In this case, the extra grip is exascerbating the problem. Gotta get the technique right! lol.. nothing wrong with Merrells though, they're fantastic. One of my fellow disc golfers recommended them and I love them, and not just for dsic golf now (i got three pairs, really well-made and comfy in my opinion).
A nice pair of Merrels or Keens do the trick just right
I have been using a good pair of Nike Trail Runners and they work great for $ 40.00.
Ken Climo recently got a new shoe sponsor and is very pleased with the multiple selections (waterproof being one) They are Keen footwear! Check em out!! I have a pair and they are very comfortable ....They have great sandals that are good for playing in too!!!
Have both Keens and Merrells. Bought both top of the line in each brand and waterproof.
Wear the Merrells for durability.
They hold up to the concrete tees.
Afraid to use the Keens on concrete. Probably be ripped to shreds.
Overall the Merrells are better, Keens a close second.

But outside the sport wear Keen sandals. They Rock!
I like to wear regular golf shoes. I have 4 pair and my Foot Joy Dry Joys are awesome for any weather but snow. They have small grass spikes that work great around my area since most of the tees are not poured. Very good in mud and hills. They seem to last up to 4 years and as little as 1...
I got some of the Bite Highs, which are a high top boot, and just recently bought the Bite Trekkers, which are a low rise shoe. I have a narrow, but long foot, and the Trekkers fit me a lot better than the Highs, very comfortable and durable (both are durable though).

I haven't slipped when throwing since I started wearing either of the pairs. They both have the Vibram sole which has the best traction I've ever seen or felt. I'm definitely going to be wearing the high tops when I hit Westmoreland in the Winter (disc golfers from Eugene know what I mean).

Ryan
==========
I think monkey tracks all over the course will get some people scratching their heads!
C'mon Beatz get a pair!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968