www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been looking for a good pair of shoes to wear during my DG rounds...I live in a pretty arid state, but I run across a fair amount of water. I have tried the Bite shoes that are specifically made for Disc Golf, but the interior of the shoe is a bit weak and has worn out. I want to find something better...

Any suggestions?

Views: 5689

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah ... I'm sure this is why KC signed on to Team Bite ... because they suck so much. He must have just been interested in the sponsorship and free shoes. Bla, bla bla.
keep it coming...

You want to go PRO on this subject - no problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if he did this 'signature series' for free, then it was the shoes.. but Im fairly certain HE GOT PAID!

browse threw photos the top 100 disc golfers in the world, and I can GUARANTEE more DG'rs use Salomon than ANY OTHER BRAND....
i.e.
QUOTE: [Val Jenkins]: "Salomon Gortex Shoes are AMAZING.. I literally tromp through puddles, and through the rain, and my feet stay completely dry..
I'm not just sayin this because they give me free shoes, They do really work well!!"
i.e. #2:
looks like your buddy KC needs to actually WEAR his BITE SHOES he loves so much..

i could bring up more, and more pros wearing salomons, but I think the points made...
I've never tried Salomon so I can't say anything one way or the other. I have tried bite shoes although I bought the waterproof trekkers not the DG line. They performed well but when I tried to purchase again since the croc takeover they won't even return my contact attempts, which makes me mad.
However with all that said I must say that King Mullet isnot only one of the very best elite players in our sport and a true ambassador he is one of the nicest most friendly and honest people I've ever met and I would bet that anyone who knows him would agree. So although his results with Salomon may not be typical for the casual player I wholeheartedly believe him when he describes his experiances with them and I'm sure everyone who knows him ,which are most serious players, will believe him as well.
Way to post a picture from the 2005 Worlds B4 Bite was sponsoring Ken. Way to post incorrect info to TRY and make your point.
The ones i wear in every color are the XA Pro 3D XRC.. long name, but they're gortex and i really like em, Check em out!
JESUS CHRIST this is funny stuff
just wear some effin shoes and play some effin golf
WOW.. This is pretty funny... I cant believe how much time some people spent to prove what shoe is better. Its like anything in life... personal preference and what ever works for you... I think if its WET... wear WATERPROOF... other than that... who cares? I wore low Merrells Gortex, for many years, and this year tried a higher ankle waterproof boot. (Wolverine's) They took a while to get used to, but now they work fine. When its not wet, i just wear Hi-Tec runners.
agreed - thread dead... was fun ;-)
I absolutely love the Merrell Chameleon Wrap Stretch Gore-Tex® XCR®. I am on my second pair now, and they fit like a glove, keep my feet dry and the rugged Vibram® sole lends ultimate traction and grip. The only (minor) complaint I have is that they are a little too hot in the hottest of summer. So this July I think I'm going to get the Merrell Chameleon II Web Leather for that time of year.

I have contacted Merrell before and they were SUPER helpful. They sent me new laces and paid for my first pair to be repaired at a shoe repair shop of my choice. So now I have an old pair for when it's really muddy/wet out and my new pair to break in for the upcoming season.

Online shoes or eBay are the cheapest places I've found them.
Merrell Chameleon Wrap Stretch Gore-Tex® XCR®

Merrell Chameleon II Web Leather

I just bought a pair of Columbia Beartooth GTX. They felt the best and they snug around the foot really tight. They are GoreTex and breathable. Plus they are really light weight. The soles are really aggressive for those rough courses.

i felt the same way about the bites that i got at first...but thats cause i wasnt gelin. gel insoles made a big differance.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968