www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been looking for a good pair of shoes to wear during my DG rounds...I live in a pretty arid state, but I run across a fair amount of water. I have tried the Bite shoes that are specifically made for Disc Golf, but the interior of the shoe is a bit weak and has worn out. I want to find something better...

Any suggestions?

Views: 5778

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh yeah...and if you do get a pair make sure they are the KSO line..."Keep Stuff Out"

I found these shoes at REI.com
The North Face Ultra 105 Gore-Tex XCR Trail-Running Shoes
I bought a new pair of Vasque shoes, I'm not sure the model. I love them. Leather upper balance, gore-tex, and Vibram rubber soles. $135 and worth every penny. Buy them at REI. If they fall apart you can take them back.

The North Face Hedgehog GTX XCR Cross-Training Shoes
The North Face Hedgehog low-cut cross-trainers deliver supportive, waterproof, extra-breathable performance for outdoor activities.

Synthetic nubuck leather uppers with sandwich-mesh nylon panels are flexible, lightweight and waterproof
Reinforced toe boxes and molded rubber heel counters protect uppers from abrasion; gusseted and padded tongues keep out debris and add comfort

Seam-sealed Gore-Tex® XCR® inserts with wicking nylon linings offer waterproof protection while allowing your moisture vapor to escape

AgION™ silver threads in linings help prevent odor buildup

Removable X-2™ footbeds with AgION topsheets add cushioning and odor control

Lightweight, compression-molded EVA midsoles deliver all-day cushioning and shock absorption

X-2 O2 ™ air pods in heels provide an added measure of cushioning and protection, soaking up shock with every stride
Thermoplastic urethane shank plates add torsional rigidity and protection from uneven terrain

Vibram® rubber outsoles supply dependable traction on uneven terrain

The Keen Milo will be available for $110 in most sizes on November 20th at Keen Footwear. This is a disc golf specific shoe that I have been wearing for most of this season. They have had good grip, comfort and waterproof with the Keen-Dri membrane. I thought they breathed well in summer months as well. They did take just slightly longer to break-in than the Salomon's I had been wearing. Keen is looking to develop even more features suited to us and our harsh treatment of shoes if the first run of the Milo's is successful!
I love my Keen shoes. I do wear them out in about 8 months but they are very comfortable. The toe has a significant amount of rubber. I haven't worn out that part yet on any of the three pairs I have gone through. The fabric breaks down causing a failure in the waterproof after about 8 months.
Vibram Fivefingers. Best things ever made. Waterproof you can swim in them if you want. Most comfortable "shoes" I have every worn hands down.
The North Face Hedgehog GTX XCR Cross-Training Shoes

The North Face Hedgehog low-cut cross-trainers deliver supportive, waterproof, extra-breathable performance for outdoor activities.

Synthetic nubuck leather uppers with sandwich-mesh nylon panels are flexible, lightweight and waterproof
Reinforced toe boxes and molded rubber heel counters protect uppers from abrasion; gusseted and padded tongues keep out debris and add comfort

Seam-sealed Gore-Tex® XCR® inserts with wicking nylon linings offer waterproof protection while allowing your moisture vapor to escape

AgION™ silver threads in linings help prevent odor buildup

Removable X-2™ footbeds with AgION topsheets add cushioning and odor control

Lightweight, compression-molded EVA midsoles deliver all-day cushioning and shock absorption

X-2 O2 ™ air pods in heels provide an added measure of cushioning and protection, soaking up shock with every stride
Thermoplastic urethane shank plates add torsional rigidity and protection from uneven terrain

Vibram® rubber outsoles supply dependable traction on uneven terrain !
I'm wearing my pair right now. So far, so good, although I am sitting at a talking heads meeting around tables, not golfing :(
Hi-Tec makes some really nice, affordable waterproof shoes under the V-lite and eVent series...

http://www.hi-tec.com/us/49902-product-auckland_wp-mens.html

these shoes usually last me about 1.5 seasons, and are quite light in weight. Reduction of just 1 lb. of shoe weight is equal to removing 8 lbs. off your back.
Aright for you all that kill shoes in 8 months or so May I recommend buying multiple shoes. I know $100 a pop gets pricey but I have 3 pairs of merrells 1 pair of Keens and a pair of Norh Face and have had them all for 2 years now and they are still holding up. I will rotate them and not wear one pair for just golf. Sometimes I will start the day in one pair and in between rounds switch to another. The north face are starting to wear down and aren't as waterproof as they used to be and my Keens the soles are starting to come off the sidewalls duew to construction Merrells are the ones I wear the most and nothing wrong with any of them.
I also go to a Factory Outlet store and get a pair for around $ 30.00

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968