www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been looking for a good pair of shoes to wear during my DG rounds...I live in a pretty arid state, but I run across a fair amount of water. I have tried the Bite shoes that are specifically made for Disc Golf, but the interior of the shoe is a bit weak and has worn out. I want to find something better...

Any suggestions?

Views: 5180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The North Face Hedgehog GTX XCR Cross-Training Shoes

The North Face Hedgehog low-cut cross-trainers deliver supportive, waterproof, extra-breathable performance for outdoor activities.

Synthetic nubuck leather uppers with sandwich-mesh nylon panels are flexible, lightweight and waterproof
Reinforced toe boxes and molded rubber heel counters protect uppers from abrasion; gusseted and padded tongues keep out debris and add comfort

Seam-sealed Gore-Tex® XCR® inserts with wicking nylon linings offer waterproof protection while allowing your moisture vapor to escape

AgION™ silver threads in linings help prevent odor buildup

Removable X-2™ footbeds with AgION topsheets add cushioning and odor control

Lightweight, compression-molded EVA midsoles deliver all-day cushioning and shock absorption

X-2 O2 ™ air pods in heels provide an added measure of cushioning and protection, soaking up shock with every stride
Thermoplastic urethane shank plates add torsional rigidity and protection from uneven terrain

Vibram® rubber outsoles supply dependable traction on uneven terrain !
Hi-Tec makes some really nice, affordable waterproof shoes under the V-lite and eVent series...

http://www.hi-tec.com/us/49902-product-auckland_wp-mens.html

these shoes usually last me about 1.5 seasons, and are quite light in weight. Reduction of just 1 lb. of shoe weight is equal to removing 8 lbs. off your back.
Aright for you all that kill shoes in 8 months or so May I recommend buying multiple shoes. I know $100 a pop gets pricey but I have 3 pairs of merrells 1 pair of Keens and a pair of Norh Face and have had them all for 2 years now and they are still holding up. I will rotate them and not wear one pair for just golf. Sometimes I will start the day in one pair and in between rounds switch to another. The north face are starting to wear down and aren't as waterproof as they used to be and my Keens the soles are starting to come off the sidewalls duew to construction Merrells are the ones I wear the most and nothing wrong with any of them.
I also go to a Factory Outlet store and get a pair for around $ 30.00
Ok, I have fail proof logic for you all. Jesus was only infallible being. He could do miracles, and i'm sure if he had tried out disc golf, no one would have been able to beat him, maybe have Moses as his caddy to part the creeks, etc. I'm pretty sure he wore leather sandals, i'm going with that.
Dude, wash your shoes and the waterproofing will be like new again. Breathable waterproofing only works because the vapor escaping is smaller than the fluid trying to come in. If dust clogs up the "pores" then your hit -O

Really Tough to beat these shoes at $ 30.00 a pair !

Good question. In my travels over the last few years I have went through several different pairs of several different brands with Kayland coming out on top for one HUGE reason. They use eVent waterproof fabric, not Gortex. I have had Vasque, Keen, Salomon, Montrail, etc and though the Kaylands may not be the best all around shoe, the eVent more than makes up for it. If Keen used eVent, they would be my first choice. There is another feature to look out for and that's Vibram soles. Find Vibram and eVent in the same shoe, like Teva (my next shoe) and you have the making of a hardcore DG shoe. -O
You too huh, Ray?
Whatever you do, don't buy Hi-Tec. I have had nothing but letdowns form them. A pair I bought before States last year only lasted halfway through the first weekend of throws. Some snow boots I bought have cracked on the side after less than 30 trials...

I also have a pair of these !!
The North Face Hedgehog GTX XCR Hiking Shoe

The North Face made the Men's Hedgehog GTX XCR Hiking Shoes for adventure racers and fast-paced hikers. A waterproof breathable Gore-Tex membrane fights mud-season trails and inclement weather. The North Face added cushiony forefoot and heel inserts, plus a heel air pod for bottom-of-your-foot delight, and stashed an antimicrobial covering on top of the ergonomically designed footbed to cut down on stink. The Hedgehog GTX XCR Shoe's lightweight Vibram outsole grips rocks and wet leaves as you fly over the trail.

Bottom Line:
The North Face equipped the Hedgehog GTX XCR Hiking Shoes for Mother Nature's gnarliest topographic challenges.
I started with hiking boots (because my local course is a hike through the mountains with big elevation changes. But the run-up suffered (too bulky & heavy). I now wear New Balance

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968