www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been looking for a good pair of shoes to wear during my DG rounds...I live in a pretty arid state, but I run across a fair amount of water. I have tried the Bite shoes that are specifically made for Disc Golf, but the interior of the shoe is a bit weak and has worn out. I want to find something better...

Any suggestions?

Views: 5527

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My Adidas!
Cheap and Durable.
Buy On Sale!
Bite is gone...

I have Nike Trail Runners.
i will not endorse salomon shoes. i have worn two pairs. neither have lasted more than a year. i wear them to work and disc. i walk on average about 3 miles a day. my plant foot sole has fallen off from the toe back. i do like the waterproof and weight but the durability is just not there. how long is said warranty?
I endorse a Timberland shoe. I get them at the outlet mall and they look a little like the old duck boat shoes. It's a low cut with the bottom section of the show being molded rubber, thus fully waterproof, and the top heavey duty leather. The sole has a wide gapped tread which make them great for all traction purposes in woods and such or to balance on a root. They wear real well too. Think they were about $40 at clearance, but it seems that Timberland keeps making a variety of the shoe so I can buy two or three pairs everytime.
As long as your feet don't hurt after 4 rounds of Disc Golf per day.
The best I have found for disc golf and regular golf are Bite Golf Trekker Style 4505A.
They have great traction and felt like a glove on the first wearing

I'm thinking about purchasing these : BITE TREKKER Disc Golf Shoe

They may look funny, but they are soooo comfortable.
Better grab up, BITE does not make shoes anymore.
Bought by Crocs and squashed.

The future of Disc Golf footwear.
Want those shoes!

Sold at McDonalds?
With fries?
notice how the outsole(part with the tread)on the third pic is not one piece? Its pieces of rubber attached to the midsole. This is what causes the sole to separate from the shoe(i.e. the guy talking about salomons on the first page and below). The soles are meant for running. Not torquing on your back swing. Also most of the shoes are made with a specific activity in mind (running shoes are not for walking, walking shoes are for walking). Adidas sambas would be a good choice for disc golf. The sole is designed for pivoting, the suade toe cap should lend extra durability if you drag it a little,the gum rubber is no stealth c4 but its sticky.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968