www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been looking for a good pair of shoes to wear during my DG rounds...I live in a pretty arid state, but I run across a fair amount of water. I have tried the Bite shoes that are specifically made for Disc Golf, but the interior of the shoe is a bit weak and has worn out. I want to find something better...

Any suggestions?

Views: 5738

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jay "Yeti" Reading showed up in Hays, Ks last weekend. He said Keen is designing new light-weight disc golf shoes. I'd like to try them out; hope they're comfortable. I've been hooked on Merrell's & the Q-form insole technology.

It keeps coming up that people are dragging their toe. I did that too for a few years, but I figured out that was just holding me back from my true throwing potential. I had to make a conscious effort to keep my foot from dragging on the teepad. When I did, I found I get more distance with my follow-through. I also saved a lot of money on shoes.
I look for Vibram soles and Goretex insulation.

There are several brands that have given me good value, including North Face, Merrill and New Balance. The models change so frequently that I never get the same pair twice, so it's frustrating. Again, make sure that they have the good sole and insulation if you play in cold or wet.

I just looked at a pair of Keens. They looked okay, but the uppers and tongue were thinly padded.

I also have a pair of these !!
The North Face Hedgehog GTX XCR Hiking Shoe

The North Face made the Men's Hedgehog GTX XCR Hiking Shoes for adventure racers and fast-paced hikers. A waterproof breathable Gore-Tex membrane fights mud-season trails and inclement weather. The North Face added cushiony forefoot and heel inserts, plus a heel air pod for bottom-of-your-foot delight, and stashed an antimicrobial covering on top of the ergonomically designed footbed to cut down on stink. The Hedgehog GTX XCR Shoe's lightweight Vibram outsole grips rocks and wet leaves as you fly over the trail.

Bottom Line:
The North Face equipped the Hedgehog GTX XCR Hiking Shoes for Mother Nature's gnarliest topographic challenges.
Adidas Kanadia TR

Light, breathable, great grip.

Great for those hot florida summer rounds.

Anything from indoor soccer shoes, to Chucks, to running shoes, to snow boots...
I tried shoes designed for skateboarding, actually, but tore them up pretty quickly.
I love the saloman ad in here .The ad goes on to boast of great selection yet the best pair of shoes feldberg played in are no longer in production....anyone else love the irony of this.I live in AK so what you play in has to be tough ,comfortable and water proof ,as for winter slip on ice cleats rule.they arent perfect but being able to plant your foot in confidence is good for 3 to 4 strokes in winter.
I completely agree about Salomon's I got the XA Pro 3D ULTRA GTX and absolutely love them. They are the bomb diggity.
Attachments:
Anybody have the pics of the new shoe coming out in November? The one that they were giving away at the USDGC ? Sorry, but I forgot the name of the company. Milo's or something. I think keen was the name. I heard the broadcasters speak of them a couple times throughout the tourny.
The Milos are from Keen.

I tried the North Face shoes (the exact ones pictured above) and they were great except for the tongue on the outside of the shoe not laying flat, causing a bruise to form on the top of my foot.

Returned them and got a pair of Vasque Mantra GTX 7390s: http://www.vasque.com/vasque-shoe/7390-vasque/7390-vasque-mens-mant...

They are comfortable, but I always wear insoles from the first day. The toe box was a bit too roomy so the insoles on top of the original insoles work perfectly. So far so good, 3 weeks and I still like them.

Jordan
Purchased at REI as well so I can return them if not satisfied. I will pay a bit more to guarantee that I am happy.

Jordan
those shoes are so sick. looks like a great discin shoe. they seem like a more capable version of the those super light nikes. definitely lookin in to gettin a pair after seein that pic
I just got a pair last week. So far...AMAZING. These shoes are definitely ugly. That's ok though cause they feel awesome. If you love being barefoot but having protection there is no other way to go. I have played 5 rounds with the "Five Fingers" and I definitely feel that "I" have found "MY" perfect disc golf shoe. They run $85 and are worth it. Let's no forget too that Vibram is a sponsor for our wonderful sport too. Made me a little more inclined to buy them too. Go to your local shoe shops and try a pair on.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968