www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been looking for a good pair of shoes to wear during my DG rounds...I live in a pretty arid state, but I run across a fair amount of water. I have tried the Bite shoes that are specifically made for Disc Golf, but the interior of the shoe is a bit weak and has worn out. I want to find something better...

Any suggestions?

Views: 5829

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use to never wear good shoes when I played. I used to always wear some old beat up trail runners, but they were always getting wet. I like to play a lot in the winter so I wanted something that could take the water/ snow. I shelled out the 100 bucks for a pair of salomon gore tex shoes. Im not sure what model they are, but their f'n bulletproof when it comes to the elements. Ive played in two ice bowls this year with some decent snow and they've kept me dry as hell. the only time i got wet was when i was putting my foot under a tree and snow would sneak down my heels, easily avoidable with a pair of cheap gaitors. I haven't really worn anything else, so I really cant speak from experience, but they seem to do the trick quite nicely. The only problem I could see with the shoes is the quick tie lacing setup. You slice one of those during the round, you better have anothr pair of shoes or some thin laces.
I wear the merrels too, but I drag a toe when I drive and on a concrete tee, the toes of the shoes start to rip off. I've gone through 4 pair in a year, but all around great fitting, confortable and nice hiking (traction) shoes.
wow, those are crazy! I want to try!
thanks for the link
dont go north face - I have seen LOTS and most fall apart
NOT TRUE -Salomon REPLACES the laces FREE for LIFE of the shoe!
I believe you have the XA Comp GTX
Same deal , iam a foot drager also and my Merrells always get eaten up . Iam trying out the Ventilator boot right now and its got a reenforced toe .
-Brad
I've been using my Bite shoes for a couple of years, and they are holding up very well. I rotate between three different pair (two high, one low). BITE took the high road and developed a product FOR disc golf, and then went the extra mile to support and sponsor tournaments and players.

My only beef with Bite is that with their recently being purchased by Crocs, they are now "corporate". Good luck getting any information from anyone about disc golf shoes. It's almost like Crocs wiped Bite disc golf support off the map. They either have something really big planned and don't want to let the cat out of the bag, or they are discontinuing the line. I hate corporations.

As far as Salomon goes, I only have experience with their climbing boots, and I was never really impressed with the quality of the product. If they are so supportive of disc golf, why don't they make a disc golf boot/shoe? THAT is what really impressed me about Bite. A small company can go for it when it comes to developing new products ... huge companies like Salomon are CORPORATIONS and they don't really care much about anything but the bottom line. Look at all the disc golfers who fanatically support Salomon and piss on the little companies who are actually DOING something NEW for the sport. Do you honestly think Salomon gives a hoot about disc golf ... I think not. I have a feeling this is what will happen to Bite now that it's owned by a large company. They will probably offer some foam/plastic garbage with a higher price than what Bite shoes used to cost and call it an improvement. OK ... Bitter rant over.
I just got some waterproof Merrells w/ GoreTex. The style I got is a women's style: Merrell Siren Sport Gore-Tex XCR Cross-Training Shoes, but I'm sure they have a male equivalent. I love them so far!

Everyone has an opinion ...
I have them and agree also! Best shoe ever...
i usually wear a good pair of pumas when i play, they have good grip and they dont grip too much on they tee pad. the only thing is that the sole wears away kind of fast on the ball of my right foot because of the follow through spin.
they look like monkey feet, i think ill pass

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968