www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been looking for a good pair of shoes to wear during my DG rounds...I live in a pretty arid state, but I run across a fair amount of water. I have tried the Bite shoes that are specifically made for Disc Golf, but the interior of the shoe is a bit weak and has worn out. I want to find something better...

Any suggestions?

Views: 5185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just got a pair last week. So far...AMAZING. These shoes are definitely ugly. That's ok though cause they feel awesome. If you love being barefoot but having protection there is no other way to go. I have played 5 rounds with the "Five Fingers" and I definitely feel that "I" have found "MY" perfect disc golf shoe. They run $85 and are worth it. Let's no forget too that Vibram is a sponsor for our wonderful sport too. Made me a little more inclined to buy them too. Go to your local shoe shops and try a pair on.
Oh yeah...and if you do get a pair make sure they are the KSO line..."Keep Stuff Out"
The best shoe by far are Merrell . They make all types of shoe style to fit the terain or weather that you may encounter .
Iam a pretty avid DGer and 1 pair will last 1 or 2 yrs , before you have to think about getting a new pair .
Hey I would suggest you to buy Salomon or Merrill or North face but most prefer of Salomon ! because they are a good qualifitied running trail shoes. Very reasonable prices. Also, it is good for your balance of standing while you putt. You will feel tight in ur arch feet at first then few days later, you will get used to it but it is all good for you !! Pardon my english grammar because I am deaf. ha ha.
dont go north face - I have seen LOTS and most fall apart
I use to never wear good shoes when I played. I used to always wear some old beat up trail runners, but they were always getting wet. I like to play a lot in the winter so I wanted something that could take the water/ snow. I shelled out the 100 bucks for a pair of salomon gore tex shoes. Im not sure what model they are, but their f'n bulletproof when it comes to the elements. Ive played in two ice bowls this year with some decent snow and they've kept me dry as hell. the only time i got wet was when i was putting my foot under a tree and snow would sneak down my heels, easily avoidable with a pair of cheap gaitors. I haven't really worn anything else, so I really cant speak from experience, but they seem to do the trick quite nicely. The only problem I could see with the shoes is the quick tie lacing setup. You slice one of those during the round, you better have anothr pair of shoes or some thin laces.
NOT TRUE -Salomon REPLACES the laces FREE for LIFE of the shoe!
I believe you have the XA Comp GTX
Thanks for the recommendation...I like the Salomons, but the toe box seems to be a bit small, also, do they provide you with the replacement before they break, or are you SOL if they break in a tourney?
you can get a pair before they break, contact a local Salomon dealer, they should have spare pairs, free - you could also contact Salomon directly to request some sent to you.
I wear the merrels too, but I drag a toe when I drive and on a concrete tee, the toes of the shoes start to rip off. I've gone through 4 pair in a year, but all around great fitting, confortable and nice hiking (traction) shoes.
Same deal , iam a foot drager also and my Merrells always get eaten up . Iam trying out the Ventilator boot right now and its got a reenforced toe .
-Brad
Merrels are ok but the shoes you should buy are salomans these shoes are great for discgolf

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968