www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been looking for a good pair of shoes to wear during my DG rounds...I live in a pretty arid state, but I run across a fair amount of water. I have tried the Bite shoes that are specifically made for Disc Golf, but the interior of the shoe is a bit weak and has worn out. I want to find something better...

Any suggestions?

Views: 5876

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Im currently useing the same shoe Nike made for the NASCAR pit crews that go over the wall. It is a high top and the sole is made from the same rubber as the Goodyear Racing tires.
http://www.hutch-pagan.com/DSC00304.JPG
I wear Adidas Tennis Shoes made for clay courts. Now I live in Oregon so wet winter get wet, so I add seal-skin socks for dry feet. They provide great year round traction on turf, dirt, mud, and on the Tee. They are not too expensive, and stand up to abuse. Check out tennis-wearhouse.com for the best selection and pricing. J
I wear nothing but an old pair of Nike cross trainers that i use for just about everything from Discin' to mowing lawns. They havent failed me yet.
I have the Merrell chameleon traveler XCS gor tex love em great traction in mud rain and lose sand on boxes Little warm for summer going with the Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultras just came out tried them on at LLbean and ran them thru a test walking around their trout pond up and down a big rock formation they have very nice really good traction and great support for side motion for drives people look at me crazy like as I did my X-step in the store I got securtys attention while walking arounf the pond not good I guess since I am an employee opps
I have used a lot of different shoes through the years. Right now I wear the high-top Bite shoe. So far they have held up pretty well. I have a tendency to be hard on shoes. I will also wear Salomon, but they are a little expensive.
I have these.
It took some time to get used to but the grip is fantastic! Look at the sole!
http://www.etonic.com/golf/golf_shoe_product.php?ID=men_gsok_family...
Nike Air Teocalli 2. Great, grippy soles for pretty much any terrain. GoreTEx XCR for dry, yet breathable feet. Ultra-comfy.
I wear lightwieght cross trainers for our courses in Florida. New Balance, Nike are fairly common shoes around these parts. When up north on hilly and rocky courses, I'll wear lightweight hiking boots with better ankle support. Either way the tread has to be grippy enough on dirt, but not too aggressive on concrete....my plant foot should be able to pivot smoothly on the tee pad. For wet conditions, some of our players will wear gortex socks.

hmmm. just pulled the trigger on these for the summer
gore tex XCR w/ a beefy lookin sole- though the heel is kinda separate...
mesh should breathe but sometimes the less seams the better
toe box is possibly a weakness for concrete pads...
I surf the cheap shoe sections of the outdoor gear stores
had a couple pair of salomons, they seem to last as long as any
tried to find some goretex this time for the dewy grass, these are 70bucks delivered
Just curious if anybody has tried the Tanel 360 turf shoes? http://www.tanel360.com/ordering/index.cfm?action1=Prod&action2...
I don't own nor have ever tried on a pair but I find them interesting and might try them if spring ever gets here.
There is no question in my mind that the best type of footwear for Disc Golf is hiking shoes. Not boots but sturdy well soled comfortable shoes meant to carry you across the creek, through the woods, and up the mountain.

My buddy stu prefers a boot/sneaker hybrid
but I personally prefer like the feel of trail running shoes such as
Attachments:
Merrels are ok but the shoes you should buy are salomans these shoes are great for discgolf

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968