www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been looking for a good pair of shoes to wear during my DG rounds...I live in a pretty arid state, but I run across a fair amount of water. I have tried the Bite shoes that are specifically made for Disc Golf, but the interior of the shoe is a bit weak and has worn out. I want to find something better...

Any suggestions?

Views: 5696

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Those shoes are very strange looking, love it, and with my size 13's, ppl will think bigfoot is real.
Ok, I have fail proof logic for you all. Jesus was only infallible being. He could do miracles, and i'm sure if he had tried out disc golf, no one would have been able to beat him, maybe have Moses as his caddy to part the creeks, etc. I'm pretty sure he wore leather sandals, i'm going with that.

Really Tough to beat these shoes at $ 30.00 a pair !

Good question. In my travels over the last few years I have went through several different pairs of several different brands with Kayland coming out on top for one HUGE reason. They use eVent waterproof fabric, not Gortex. I have had Vasque, Keen, Salomon, Montrail, etc and though the Kaylands may not be the best all around shoe, the eVent more than makes up for it. If Keen used eVent, they would be my first choice. There is another feature to look out for and that's Vibram soles. Find Vibram and eVent in the same shoe, like Teva (my next shoe) and you have the making of a hardcore DG shoe. -O
Dude, wash your shoes and the waterproofing will be like new again. Breathable waterproofing only works because the vapor escaping is smaller than the fluid trying to come in. If dust clogs up the "pores" then your hit -O
You too huh, Ray?
Whatever you do, don't buy Hi-Tec. I have had nothing but letdowns form them. A pair I bought before States last year only lasted halfway through the first weekend of throws. Some snow boots I bought have cracked on the side after less than 30 trials...

I also have a pair of these !!
The North Face Hedgehog GTX XCR Hiking Shoe

The North Face made the Men's Hedgehog GTX XCR Hiking Shoes for adventure racers and fast-paced hikers. A waterproof breathable Gore-Tex membrane fights mud-season trails and inclement weather. The North Face added cushiony forefoot and heel inserts, plus a heel air pod for bottom-of-your-foot delight, and stashed an antimicrobial covering on top of the ergonomically designed footbed to cut down on stink. The Hedgehog GTX XCR Shoe's lightweight Vibram outsole grips rocks and wet leaves as you fly over the trail.

Bottom Line:
The North Face equipped the Hedgehog GTX XCR Hiking Shoes for Mother Nature's gnarliest topographic challenges.
I started with hiking boots (because my local course is a hike through the mountains with big elevation changes. But the run-up suffered (too bulky & heavy). I now wear New Balance

2 pairs of salomon xa comp 4s lasted me 6 rounds of golf before the soles started de lamming yeah i said 2 pairs....... got to love rei's return policy
Oddly enough I wear Mens Softball Cleats by Mizuno. A lot of shoes have Traction for when your walking up a hill but very few have it for going down again. They have reverse tread which is great for when everything gets slick. This is the first year that my backside didn't beat the rest of me down. I added a photo to my profile to show the traction.
YES! I got these Mizuno Speed Trainer shoes last year and wear them for everything but raining conditions. Great, comfortable, grippy, and breathable shoes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968