www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been looking for a good pair of shoes to wear during my DG rounds...I live in a pretty arid state, but I run across a fair amount of water. I have tried the Bite shoes that are specifically made for Disc Golf, but the interior of the shoe is a bit weak and has worn out. I want to find something better...

Any suggestions?

Views: 5526

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ok, seriously, you expect people to believe 3 rounds made your Salomon shoes "fall apart". ummm... yah....
A: get your money back from the store that sold you them, Salomon shoes come with a Warranty, as I imagine Bite does too...

B: sure, sure - BITE is like 50 times better than Salomon... hehehehe Thats why there is tons of GREAT Bite reviews here, and all bad Salomon..

from these posts, seems Salomon has actual, tried and true durability.. .. I think I read one person who had good luck with Bite.. (oh that wasn't Sponsored)

hehe 3 rounds, WHERE??? - I MUST ASK!!! --- but as stated b4, its different for everyone :) :)
the Durnhams I spoke of earlier are around a hundred bucks too, but if you watch the NB Web Express, you can pick them up for half of that, but that means you have to buy before the need arises to get a good deal

http://www.nbwebexpress.com/nb_mens_dunham.asp?type=DNMF

check out the 613 and the 815
my best disc golf shoe.... classic 5 eye canvas vans, no support, not waterproof what so ever, questionable grip. However I shoot better golf in them than in my vasque's or anything else... not much ankle stability, but the black with white laces are the most stable plus they are like 32 bucks so you can buy a new pair when ever you feel like it
Bite didn't really make a shoe for disc golf. He took the most common sole and attached it to an upper that followed along the most side supporting shoes on the market. I wouldn't say he made them exactly for DG, he just attached it to the shoe to sell them to a virgin market.
Salomon Gortex Shoes are AMAZING.. I literally tromp through puddles, and through the rain, and my feet stay completely dry..
I'm not just sayin this because they give me free shoes, They do really work well!!
I have no reason to Lie, and I dont lie, that is why I tried them the second time. And both times the bottoms tore off, this is in North Carolina. 3 Rounds......
So you have a model that you would recommend? I have looked at a few models and some seem nice, but other just look like running shoes. Thanks in advance...Ray
Salomon models that work great for Disc Golf:
'X-Mountain' Series (little beefy'r)
Symbio Dry (waterproof)
Fusion Dry (waterproof)
Symbio
Fusion
Solaris 2 Mid GTX (waterproof)
Solaris 2 GTX (waterproof)
Solaris 2
Puntera 2 GTX (waterproof)
'Trail Running' Series (lighter, more breathable)
all XA series, including:
XA Pro 3D XCR (waterproof)
XA Pro 3D
XA Comp 3 GTX (waterproof)
XA Comp 3
Trail Pro 2
Trail Runner SW

Salomon Shoes @ bobwards.com

those are what I would recommend, unless you can find some "Salomon Super X low", those were the sickest Salomon's I have ever had..
I've got some great old featherlite redwing boots. they are the best in the winter and wet golf situations.

Nibs
bite should stick to fishing... do they make golf spikes?
yes
I was somewhat involved in the process, and I can tell you you're wrong. However, you are correct that they took some design elements from previous shoe designs because they were tested, worked, and were available. The Distance High and Distance low were to be followed by a new version of the DG shoes that, as far as I know, may STILL be produced. Crocs however, is keeping this information guarded. I don't think anyone should assume that they won't produced a disc golf shoe, but at this time, it's a big ?

Bite Distance High V2: http://www.dgwn.com/2007/04/19/new-bite-shoe-preview/#more-84

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968