www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've got a wraith and I don't really throw it that often depending...you know.

But everyone is preaching about how great it is and stuff. At our course I throw it on our only downhill shot and our CTP hole, other than that, it just fills up space in the bag.

I haven't found any use for it besides downhill drives...

Am I doing something wrong?

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes!!!
If it goes to the left for you, tilt the left side of the disc up,(if you throw backhand) and let it rip!
Personally I do not like this disc. It always flips over for me and prefer More over-stable discs like the Tee-Rex. If it doesn't work for you, drop it. Everyone preaches about the Aviar, and that putter has done nothing or me either.
Yea Hunter, I do that and it turns over well...just on downhill shots.

Anything on a level plane and I really don't seem to throw it because I don't understand its flight pattern well, it differs
personally its one of the farthest flying discs in my bag, its the bomb for me, just right for me for the amount of snap i have, if i want something a little more stable than that, i pull out my destroyer or excalibar, these three discs and a sidewinder for straight fairway drives or rollers, pretty much make up my bag, as far as drivers go.
No... I feel the same way about it. People claim that it is amazing... but I can name off atleast 12 discs that I go to before that one. The only thing is... that disc can do a sick hyzer skip. Also... if you can helix a wraith (to do this tilt the left side up with a backhand)... I guarantee it will go as far or a lil farther than your best distance driver... but I cant be consistent and/or accurate with it. So, i use an XS or a Destroyer for open bombs and a Beast or a Sidewinder for long fairways.
Shawn Welling said:
Personally I do not like this disc. It always flips over for me and prefer More over-stable discs like the Tee-Rex. If it doesn't work for you, drop it. Everyone preaches about the Aviar, and that putter has done nothing or me either.

Dude the Aviar sucks
you probably dont have the arm speed and snap and power to really utalize the disc. I would stick to lower speed discs till you feel comfortable in moving up to a disc of that calibur.
Well beatz,
I throw the destroyer and most of the time I have good control on it
BTW, Aviars rule!

Oh, this was about the Wraith. Yep. Lots of people talk about the Wraith and for good reason. From the posts here, however, you may not get why the Wraith is a good disc because you may not be able to "overpower" the disc at this point. Overpowering a disc is throwing it flat or with some hyzer with "snap" and the pure speed and spin on the disc will cause it to "flip-up-and-over" some during its flight path and go for extra distance.

I've been throwing (BH) Sidewinders over the last year and now they are too understable for the amount of "snap" I am putting on them so I am moving up to the Wraith. I bought one a year ago or so and liked it but haven't used it much because I was getting good distance and control with the Sidewinder.

I went to a disc shop today to pick up a couple of Wraiths (12x) and the stack of 30 Wraiths that were there 2 months ago were gone. Oh well.

Good Luck.
yea Mark, I got a new destroyer, a little heavier and in star plastic.

I modified my throw a little bit, and it goes far,far and straight until the end, where I get a little bit too much hard fade
Well, I almost got ctp this week with the wraith, it flies almost exactly like i want it,

I had the CTP, then lost it because my disc didn't stay parked, it rolled a bit
I think every disc can have value if you learn how to throw it. I took the Wraith out of my bag when the Boss came out. The Aviar is the single greatest thing to ever happen to disc golf. Period. if you don't have a beat and a new aviar in your bag then your a communist. Don't worry gateway, omega, and discrafters. Your putter is probally a Aviar in a bad dress. Innova didn't aptent that disc for nothing. They knew it would change the history of disc golf forever.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968