www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am wondering if anyone knows what sort of box or bin is best for storing discs. My ideal criteria: affordable, each holding approx. 25-30 discs in each container and heat resistant(ie. want to be able to keep them in the back of my station wagon during summer without warping). any thoughts. Last year I just used cardboard boxes that I covered with several towels to keep the sun off them. any thoughts?

Views: 344

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would head to Walmart or Home depot and check out the rubbermaid containers they have just about any size and shape you can think of.
May want to get something that draws the moisture out of the air and stick it in the box too. Also, non-transparent reflective colors, so the heat doesn't build up inside, and the light doesn't get in. Store the discs sideways, not on top of each other.
I keep my spares in the round tin the holiday cookies come in. It is pretty good sized and holds about a dozen. If you can score one of those big "three types of popcorn" tins, you might be able to get more. It’s a bit of a pain to get to a disc you know is somewhere in the stack since you have to dig into them to get to it. But on the good side, I sometimes see a disc and go "Hey, that disc will work even better" before I get to the disc I was looking for =)

But for practicality, the Rubbermaid cases or similar are probably your best bet.
peter i made this it took about five minutes to make you can make two of them for about 7 dollars
Attachments:
After many years of searching I found what to me is the ultimate containers. FromTarget 18 quart plastic containers. Hold 20-24 discs upright perfect fit. Lids that slide lock into position. Stackable clear sides so you can easily see whats inside. Note you must store the discs idealy in a cool dark place definately out of direct sunlight. I keep mine on shelves in the basement. I put a lable inside example Rocs so I can just look through and say ok heres the rocs. The only way I could be more happy is if the store filled them with cool discs for me.
Ballast boxes , like the ones that come with indoor grow lights, are the best to use .

Garrett, I really like the look of your storage box! Do you have plans, dimensions, etc.? Thanks!

Bring a Buzzz or Stingray to Homie D's and buy some concrete forming tubes of the appropriate diameter. They're in Building Materials section for about $5.

like!

Sterlite 20 Qt. - 1844

1844LAB448

At Walmart, Kmart or any body that sells Sterlite

Try this link. I don't have any of these boxes, but they seem like they will work perfectly.

http://www.discfly.com/ProductInfo~productid~acdiscbin.html 

I believe you wanted VERTICAL storage. These should work just fine.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968