www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just found out from steveo that someone stole the basket from #7 at waterworks In ypsi. Could anyone give me a good reason to steal a basket????????????

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well stated!
Well, one could fill them with fresh fruit, cured meats and cheeses, and give it as a gift! ;-)
I'm still a kid at Heart (my wife would say mentally too!)
i agree my reasons would make terry yell at me!!!
I agree totally with, if people would channel they're energy into working as hard at buying a basket this would not happen. The craziest thing I have seen in terms of a missing basket was at the 2006 Charleston Classic. We got to Hampton Park on Sunday morning to discover the #18 basket was missing. A little while later someone was fishing discs out of the pond when they discovered someone had thrown the basket into the pond the night before. They had to have carried it at least 60 feet to throw it in and must have been exhausted.
there's one missing at kensington (hole 3or4 ) the last time i was there and someone tried to steal one off of the extension basket on i think it is e or f on the monster. what it boils down too is shear stupidity and lack of respect for all of us. who ever it was that has stolen any of the fore mentioned baskets will get what is coming to them.
Someone up rooted old hole 17's basket at Jamesville last year, I think they may have been stealing it but figured out how much work it would be to carry the 100+ pounds of cement along with the basket at just left it there. Then they broke the marker off the top and threw it in the woods and took the tee markers and threw them elsewhere, Jerks! Now we've reconfigured the holes and put in concrete tee pads, sweet!
I can think of all kinda reasons why someone would steal anything. America has become a nation of something for nothingers. Get rich or die trying, is a great slogan for todays youth. Yet, the problem goes way beyond stealing baskets. It is what the baskets represent that is the root of why they are stolen. Freedom...baskets represent freedom. Do you think that communist China allows ppl to throw big hyzers...no. Do you think the Authoritarian regimes of modern day Russian allow people to know the freedom of a long jump put...I think not.
theres two courses in the CZECH REPUBLIC. none in china or russia according to the pdga website!
I want to go play here! I bet they don't have any theft trouble.

McMurdo, ANTARCTICA 96599

Course Established: 2005 Record Last Modified: 2007-10-25 12:45:56
Description: Varied terrain includes ice, snow, drifts, heavy equipment and high winds. From #5, hook a left and throw further up into yard (opposite road to Scott Base). #9 is near entrance to greenhouse.
Wow Im not the only one.
I've noticed some baskets not beeing locked at some of our local courses so I call the parks and rec people and let them know. I hate going to a course and seeing the basket gone. First, you search thinking maybe it was moved but after that frusterating search, you mark everyone as par and move on. Kind of an unsettling feeling. I would like to catch someone one day. iT would be bad for them.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968