www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

come on lets hear em, hears mine - hole one at lincoln park massillon ohio, me and my buddys are teeing off, its my turn, i pull out my trusty orc and i remember throwing out the smack and telling the guys, yep fellas nothing but baskit, truth be known on my best day i can only get about half way there, so i take my run up and unleash with a monsterouse throw, and by monsterouse i mean monstrousely bad throw, anyone who has played this course will appreciate this next part, to the left of the fairway is a childrens playground that under most circumstances is completely out of the way and not even a concern and ussually devoide of anyone using it, not this day, my disc sailed thru the air in a way to high and way to left arc and landed three feet from a lady sitting on a park bench watching her kids play, i hurry up to retreave my disc, as i start to apologize to the lady she looks up and says - is this your first time ? i hesitated for a second and answered back, wy yes it is, truth is i had been playing for aprx four years at that point, so now everytime i throw a extremely bad shot ( which happens more than i care to admit ) my buddys cant help but ask - is this your first time ?

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

if its the video i remember seeing it was hard to watch ,he was shooting at a island hole and he empties his bag trying to get on the island ,while they are doing interviews behind him...i feel for ya bud
The four of us had come down to Vancouver to take in the Canucks and see our Grizzlies play. We had tennis booked at the Club and played early on the Sunday morning, we had to wear whites too. I said after the game to my 3 buddies "now I want to take you out and show you a game called disc golf. They protested but off we go anyways, I'm driving. Tee offs were rough but the baskets were up. 2nd hole still dressed in whites I get up and show em how it's done. The tee box is a depressed mud puddle with a 2x4 front edge ..... so showing them how to do it place my foot on the bar rear back and toss heavily down the fairway ........ but foot slips up I go and land 6 inches deep in the mud puddle, square in .......... they're laughing mightily and I'm soaked and ....wanting to get up ..... my tennis shoes being almost treadless wouldn't allow me any purchase and I couldn't get up .... so i ask for assistance and the boys one on each side grabbed my hand to pull me up but again with no purchase just dragged me forward packing my butt end with mud ........ finally I hit the front board and was raised up like a ship from the bottom .......... it was messy for sure ..... continued to play till the sixth wear they had a change room so got changed and finished the game ....... I got the boys back though ...... you see it was Oct. 31st halloween eve and we were heading for the ferry to get home ...... we had ample time and the boys wanted to stop for a coffee and donut so we we stopped in the West End, I parked stayed in the car and told the boys to go themselves a coffee and to take their time there was no big hurry ........ I'm sitting there reading the paper and they start to show up just two or three minutes later ......... seems they wandered into one of Vancouver's notorious gay coffee houses and all the boys were just wearing cowboy chaps ........ a bit too much for the boys from our little town.
Embarrassing and funny is this- hole 9 at my home park getting ready to release my approach shot and GRIP LOCK releasing it in such a way my BF who is standing 5 ft behind me has to pull a matrix manuever to prevent his decapitation!
It didn't happen to me but is the funniest thing I've ever seen on a disc golf course. I was with a group playing Kiss the Sky, at the top of Aspen Mountain here in Colorado. There is a relatively short hole straight up a black run, maybe 260' and seems like a 45 degree angle. You pretty much need to throw into the side of the mountain, which is pretty much what my buddy did, for his 2nd shot. The disc hits the ground, stands up and starts rolling straight down the mountain. He takes a step or two towards it then stops and squats, ready to do his best Patrick Roy stop (this was years ago playing casually so stopping a rolling downhill disc was no big deal), it rolls straight at him for at least 50', just as he's about to bend over and stop it, it hits a rock and jumps right over his arm, missing him by inches and continues to roll all the way down to the flat spot past the tee box. Our whole group was laughing so hard, my stomach was killing me, and when you laugh that hard at 11,000' it can really take the wind out of you. To this day the whole thing seemed to happen in slow motion.
I was walking to hole 4 in mount pleasant which over looks the next couple of holes and i could see this couple finishing up a hole a head of me. well the guys girls finished her hole out so her bf threw her putter back to her ... well she wasnt watching him and it was like in slow-motion where the disc he threw went right up and smoked her right in the forehead. of course now im trying to watch as i was curled up on the RR tracks laughing by butt off. she drops her bag on the ground and just starts walking back to the car as her man was chasing after her........... That must of been a long ride home.
Just about every throw I make!
while playing a sunday morning blind doubles i got lucky and was teamed up with one of the better players of the "gang" that morning.i had a few good drive in the tightly wooded course and then chevy (my partner) would crank one to the nearest tree. we get to # 6 and chevy says to me "just keep in the middle cause i own this hole" in front of the whole gang. well i parked it in the middle just like he told me..... off 2 trees about 20/25 feet out to land four feet behind the ladies T-pad.. all i could say was "it's in the middle like you asked for" the gang is now laughing out loud... chevy steps up for his drive only to come up with a world class case of "grip lock"... now the gang is screaming in laughter.... we heard the phrase " i own this hole" for this rest of the day at every T-pad
I was practicing my flicks on a short 300 ft straight on shot, 10ft past is the parking lot O.B. line if followed to the left there is a bench where a large black mother w/ her two older daughters decide to set up theyre little grill and grill some chicken, the mom was facing the basket w/ her daughters also in front of her sitting on the bench when I RH flicked it far too left ... it went right at them fast , my max I believe, it skipped about 4 ft from behind the mom turning the chicken and "SCHWAP!"".... "OAWWWWH!" she screamed. right in the Behind. I started cracking up instantly but then realized I had to go get my disc and all my friends thought that was funny, the hole way walking towards her I could feel her sculding me while I tried to act natural and not make direct eye contact until I was close enought for me to tell her I was sorry wich it did not look like she cared.. haha, I garuntee she never grilled at Coachman park again. I did yell For & or heads up by the way
my most embarrasing shot was 3 yrs ago ,i was fairly new to the game and was playing a round at westchester lagoon ,its a local pitch and putt course .well on hole 6 there is a very busy parkway not more than 50 ft from the fairway ,the hole is 220 ft and a very easy hyser shot (i got my first ace on this hole) well i step up to the tee pad and let it rip .i completly grip locked and i watched my teebird sail out over the road as im screaming at my disc to come back, a bright red dodge pickup comes driving by in time for my disc to land in the bed of truck .the brake lights never even came on and he never called me about finding my disc in the back of his truck.
the funniest thing ive seen on a course was watching a very drunk man play discgolf ,his tee shot ended up about 10 ft behind a big birch tree ,so he picks up his disc takes a stumbling walk up lets it rip, it sony bonos the tree and karooms back and hits him square in the forehead i was laughing so hard i thought i was gonna pee my pants ,the guy went down like a sack of rocks .last i saw of him through tearing eyes was of him staggering of the course rubbing his forehead
Warming up for a tournament in Indy I lost a favorite disc. Before the first round started some guy walked up to me and handed my me lost treasure.
I thanked him by hitting a tree 50 ft off the tee during the first round, the disc shot to the left smacking the same guy in the back of the head. No, it wasn't with the same disc I had lost.
My first tournament my son was play in the group I was in. There was one hole with a short tunnel shot that opened up to a steep up hill basket. I tried to throw as hard as I could (LOL) to make it up the hill. Of course Murphy showed up and I yanked my shot square into a 3 foot diameter tree trunk. One guy in the group said "Someone is going to need a new disc". My son looked and me and made a shivering motion with his body and said "Every disc in my bag just went Ugggghhhh!".

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968