www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

come on lets hear em, hears mine - hole one at lincoln park massillon ohio, me and my buddys are teeing off, its my turn, i pull out my trusty orc and i remember throwing out the smack and telling the guys, yep fellas nothing but baskit, truth be known on my best day i can only get about half way there, so i take my run up and unleash with a monsterouse throw, and by monsterouse i mean monstrousely bad throw, anyone who has played this course will appreciate this next part, to the left of the fairway is a childrens playground that under most circumstances is completely out of the way and not even a concern and ussually devoide of anyone using it, not this day, my disc sailed thru the air in a way to high and way to left arc and landed three feet from a lady sitting on a park bench watching her kids play, i hurry up to retreave my disc, as i start to apologize to the lady she looks up and says - is this your first time ? i hesitated for a second and answered back, wy yes it is, truth is i had been playing for aprx four years at that point, so now everytime i throw a extremely bad shot ( which happens more than i care to admit ) my buddys cant help but ask - is this your first time ?

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Didn't happen to me, but on hole 3 Brahan Springs in Huntsville a buddy of mine walked up the the tee box, did his little run up and hucked for everything he was worth. Somehow, someway, that disc flew about 15ft off to the right of the tee box end over end. Was the craziest thing I have ever seen. Anthony will be proud that I gave him props!
if its the video i remember seeing it was hard to watch ,he was shooting at a island hole and he empties his bag trying to get on the island ,while they are doing interviews behind him...i feel for ya bud
I know that shule...and that Harrigan character....well....lol ....huge putt on likely an older Mach 1 too...last Saturday they officially replaced all of those old baskets with brand new Chainstars..
This happened last year at EMU. I don't remember what the hole number is but it the one with the baseball diamond on the right side of the fairway but anyway:
That day the winds were crazy. I was going for a 20' or so putt. My brother in-law was about the same distance from the basket and about 30 or so feet from me. He made the joke that I should go ahead and throw and he will be standing there to catch it. Sure enough I threw my putt. The disc went about 10 feet past the basket then flipped up and floated right to him.
That's sweet. I had lots of putts last year, well........ that hit where i was aiming and they didn't stick.
Mine would be a Blind hyzer shot off of hole 3 at Daviess Countys course. It'a about a 350 ft shot out of the woods and straight to the left. Threw a Esp force high and spiked and clipped a tree on the way out. Got a lil down and all my friends were making fun of me when about 4-5 seconds later we hear "CHING". Celebrated for about 10 minutes before we went down to check it out. Unfortuanately it spit out right under the basket but, my friends no longer make fun of my shots until they see it hit the ground. :) btw loudest ching i've ever heard from a basket in 9 years.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968