www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ever miss a 15-footer?

Discraft's Mark Ellis has teamed up with FDM to offer a clinic to improve your putting. It's simple yet effective.

Confidence can make or break your short game. Ellis brings you a tested, systematic method for developing the confidence to nail putts under pressure. It worked for him and it'll work for you.

Just log in to our site www.flyingdiscmagazine.com, surf to the forums and click on the Play Better section. Once there, visit the Putting Confidence Program thread and post a message saying you want to join - it's that simple. We'll take signups until the 30-day program begins, September 2nd.

Putt better. Score better. Sounds good, doesn't it?

Tags: fdm, instruction, putt, putting

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i did my putting today
i did my putting today
Boy, that's very well said

mark ellis said:
ObiwanKANEobi said:
Hello Mark
I'm wondering about the rest of my practice. I've put myself in your hands and am faitrhfully following your direction.
What I'm not sure about is when my two 15 min sessions are done is it OK to work on my starddle or my anhyzer or kneeling or long putts? My thought is that it's really tough not working on anything other than the short stuff exclusively. I also know that those difficult or specialty putts are not going to stick all the time and I'm not sure if that would undermine the confidence building of the short stuff. Are we to put the rest of the basket work on hold until the 30 days is up?
Thanks

ObewonKANEobi,

The Clinic is not restrictive, it is additive. Do whatever you want to do in terms of practice or rounds or tournaments or cross-training or yoga or Martian mind-melding just also do 30 minutes of short range putting a day. So sure, feel free to practice crazy or difficult putts in the off minutes. Or do nothing other than the 30 minutes a day. It does not matter. This is a fail safe system.

Obviously the more you practice at disc golf the better you will get. This clinic will not interfere with you learning or refining your game in ways other than putting. Oddly enough it will help you down the road with developing the rest of your game. Once you see the value of concentrated practice you can figure out how to solve other shots as well. You are starting with putting, the hardest skill to master. Everything else is easier.

You do not need to do anything to build your own confidence except consistently make putts! That confidence is floating around and will stick to you like white to rice. Do not worry in the slightest how that confidence will find you. It will. It is inevitable. Follow the yellow brick road.
I found out about this just a bit too late to join but I'm doing it nonetheless! One week in and I haven't missed a session yet. I can *feel* it working! w00t!
i did my putting today.
My friend Tony Kroes started the putting clinic and rather than log in his daily completion, calls me and reports in. One warning: If you call in then I make you do push-ups as well. Push-ups probably won't improve your putting but it is more entertaining for me.

Barry M. said:
i did my putting today.
I'm still doing mine. It's not *every* day but it's certainly most days. It gives me confidence on the course when I can honestly say to myself, "I hit these putt all the time!" *ching*
I was in marks first putting clinic. Let me tell you we started on January 13th and it was -10 out and wasn't much warmer for the 30 day clinic. I putted every day as instructed and when it was all said and done I could make putts that I couldn't make before the clinic. I still participate almost every day and It continues to help my confidence. So if there is any non believers out there Believe because it works. I'm living proof
I just aim at the Pole !!! ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968