www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I NEED SOME HELP ON WAYS TO FIND DISCS IN THE WOODS OR IN TREES...ANY SUGGESTIONS THAT WORK WOULD BE GREAT

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When playing in the woods, it is best if all of the members of the group pay attention to each and every drive. That way 4 sets of eyes can give you a better idea of as to where it landed. IT will save a lot of time looking and slowing down the round. Also another thing to do is use real bright colored disc. No tie/dyes, they blend in with the foliage to much. Green is not a good color to use in the woods. Have fun and keep it in the fairway, saves time and engery. GB #554
hey now,ask for a spotter,bright discs(as MentionedFrequently)follow fight plan,listen for the drop if trees/bushes are off of fairway,stay focused on flight of disc from tee.Look under everything if time permits,rec vs tourney time limit.If all else fails,ask the wood nymps for help in retriving your disc.Peace
Yes, why can't they put a tiny tracker inside while pouring the mold?
Mike ..... I couldn't agree more with the tracking device. I would sooo pay the extra cash knowing that I would find my "favorite" driver nestled under leaves without wasting 30 minutes.
I agree...Brighter discs...I basically won't buy a disc unless it's a bright color...and also keep your eyes on it if it's headed to a trouble area....just basically keep your eyes open...
Throw 10 foot shots down the fairway safely and use a spotter as well. Gaurantee you won't lose a disc.
Ben Calhoun said:
Throw 10 foot shots down the fairway safely and use a spotter as well. Gaurantee you won't lose a disc.

You mean 10 foot high, right?

If so, that's a great habit to get into. Lower flight means less travel when kicking into the woods off trees. As good as we all get, we will hit trees from time to time.
THAT WAS KIND-OF AN IDEA MY BRO AND I TOSSED AROUND...WE'D LIKE TO LOOK INTO THAT, BUT IT HAS TO BE SUPER LIGHT!!!

mike pelis said:
Yes, why can't they put a tiny tracker inside while pouring the mold?
CAN'T SEEM TO THROW VERY FAR YET, BUT I'M TRYING NEW TECHNIQUES TO GET A LITTLE MORE DISTANCE. EVEN STILL, I THROW OUT AND AWAY....WAY WAY AWAY!!!! A GOOD TRACKING DEVICE WOULD BE NICE!!!

Chris said:
Ben Calhoun said:

You mean 10 foot high, right?

If so, that's a great habit to get into. Lower flight means less travel when kicking into the woods off trees. As good as we all get, we will hit trees from time to time.
this is how I find them and it works very well
you know the 3d pictures that you see in the comic section of the Sunday paper, or the posters that you can buy where you have to let your eyes go out of focus, I think they're called holograms, not sure, but anyway, I basically let my eyes go out of focus and then slowly move my head back and forth and bing, the discs just seem to pop into view
it works very well with discs in water too
I've gotten so good at it, my buddies call me the disc hound because they say it's like I smell the discs, lol
I'll admit, it's unorthodoxed, but I swear it works, try it
this is how I find them and it works very well
you know the 3d pictures that you see in the comic section of the Sunday paper, or the posters that you can buy where you have to let your eyes go out of focus, I think they're called holograms, not sure, but anyway, I basically let my eyes go out of focus and then slowly move my head back and forth and bing, the discs just seem to pop into view
it works very well with discs in water too
I've gotten so good at it, my buddies call me the disc hound because they say it's like I smell the discs, lol
I'll admit, it's unorthodoxed, but I swear it works, try it

I explained Splatter vision in an earlier post for this thread. I don't think Susan thought I was serious.

But none the less it works pretty damn well....I find more discs then not.
Bright Orange is one of my favorite defenses, when in doubt walk back to your last shot one the hole or the tee pad is it was a drive and walk it through. that usually helps.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968