www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I NEED SOME HELP ON WAYS TO FIND DISCS IN THE WOODS OR IN TREES...ANY SUGGESTIONS THAT WORK WOULD BE GREAT

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been pretty good in the past at finding discs in trees and tight lies.........The best way I have found is to take different angles at the possible tree or bush. You have to really just look from as many angles as you can. the best way is to walk away from the bush look at every angle from 30 feet or so and just work your way around. Then start to move in and under and look directly up from under side of the tree. I found one that was 3 inches from my eye yesterday, it was yellow. Later in the day make sure to stay away from yellow try to keep with red and pink discs.
especially in the water, I've been able to point out a disc that noone in the group could see
also, the comment about polarized sunglasses, those are really helpful too
install lo-jack gps .. No seriously keep your eyes on your throws, and keep practicing so you don't throw them in the woods.
I've found this helps on blind shots - listen to what happens when the disc comes down. You can usually tell if the disc hits dirt, a tree, or leaves, and that'll give you a clue where to look.

Or (this comment from the "duh" department), have a spotter ...
Oh yeah and when looking up into trees or just general schule, I find it useful to sway from side to side a foot or so. It changes your perspective and whereas leaves will just jumble visually, a disc will jump out at you. Visually.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968