www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Everyone has a favorite or lucky disc but does anyone have any other rituals or superstitions that help with their game?

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

YEY,. I AM SUPERSTITIOS IN THAT IF I DO NOT PLAY MORE THAN THREE TIMES A WEEK I WILL LOOSE MY GAME, YEP ALLLLMOST GOT THE WIFE CONVINCED THIS IS THE TRUTH, SHHHHH DONT SAY ANYTHING TO MY WIFE.
PS- BY THE WAY I DONT KNOW WHO THIS CD DC DISCFUNTIONAL GUY IS WHOS NAME IS POSTED ABOVE THIS REPLY
not for every throw but when im down and not playing good
i will close my eyes and say (come on baby gimme a bird) to my disc
and 9 times out of 10 i get a bird

its all in my head lol
I try to visualize before every drive, putt and midrange shot . This seems to help for putting the most. I also like my disc in order from midrange to my most overstable driver in my bag from left to right . I keep a lucky Hacky Sack in the right pocket , of my bag .
On tournament days I always make sure I have 13 disc's in my bag. No more, no less. I talk to my disc's too, you know, the little imaginary ant sized pilots need directions every now and then.
before a tournament i like to eat at mickey D's
On every putt I turn my back to the basket and line up the basket with my throwing arm. I then turn around closing my eyes and take in two breaths while removing all earlier shots from my mind good or bad and imagine the disc hitting center chains. Then I turn around take two practice line up mental throws and let it go on the third. I guess where the Superstition comes in is I do this no matter how close I am and believe if I don't it throws my putting off for every putt after that.
I also line up my discs from putter to overstable.I also have a green smiley face marker that I face towards me when I put so smiley is looking at me like "good shot man" lol.Seems to help.hehe
My mini has a blue and red yin-yang symbol on it. I start the round making sure the red side is always pointing toward the basket for "hot" putting. If I seem to be missing, then I switch to the blue side pointing since my putting seems to be "cold" to see if that changes my fortunes. If I can't tell for sure how it's going, I'll have them pointing sideways. Regardless, I'm always choosing to positon the direction of the symbol for every mark except maybe drop-ins.
The night before a tournament I will hand wash all my discs (at leasts the ones I might use in the tournament) and I clean out my bag and throw it in the washer. Just makes me feel like I have washed any bad mojo off my gear.

Every throw I align the disc so as I am looking at it it is oriented "up" (text, image, etc) so I grip the disc in the same place every time. Weird and a bit O-C, but then that's how I play =)
I have an Elvis mini and the King always faces me when I putt.
HAHAHAHA!!! I thought I was the only one who hand-cleaned my discs and bag before every tourney! My buddies think I'm nuts for doing that; too funny!
i do the same thing with my discs i put the disc in my hand as if i was reading the disc stamp

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968