www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Everyone has a favorite or lucky disc but does anyone have any other rituals or superstitions that help with their game?

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have heard of players wearing Beanies , using the same towel or mini ...............Green , Red or Blue shirts certain days !!! Same Brand of shoes all the time , etc......
I always used the same mini - the first one I ever had, given to me in my first tournament. I decided to switch to a new one with a cool stamp on it, and my game went downhill for the next three tourneys. I got suspicious that it was the mini betrayal and switched back to first one. Next tourney the mini cracked. So did my game for the rest of the series.
Put your putter in "time out"? How ridiculous is that? What kind of crazy do you have to be before you blame your putter and ground it as a result?

Juuuuuust kiddin! I do the same thing anytime my putter starts being "naughty"

I read this post and laughed because I can picture myself angrily shoving my putter into my bag and saying "NOW YOU SIT THERE AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU DID!" before pulling his "twin brother" out to finish the rest of the round with. Thank you for letting me know there are others out there........

Jose Ossa said:
I carry two or three putters in my bag at all times. The putter in the front pocket is the "starter", but after I miss a putt with it I sub in one of the others to the front pocket. Cuz it's always the putter's fault, not mine. ;)
If I am putting out from fairly close in and I know what driver or mid-range I am likely to throw for the next drive, I like to give that next disc a "taste of the chains" and putt out with it, instead of with my putter.
I carry a patch in my bag from my Grandpa who worked for NASA on the Gemini and Apollo missions. Just something about a successful flight and landing that make me think it may grace my discs through osmosis.
The best rated rounds I have ever had- I bogey the first hole.
The wrost rated rounds- birdy the first hole.

I am not really a superstitious person, nor would I ever purposely doink a put, but maybe Ill try it out this year.
My superstitions are not to have any.
They cloud up everything in the mind.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968