www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Bud Hill in Memphis is a jewel course!

Views: 39

Replies to This Discussion

Dude you should really make the city of Brentwood aware of this horrific injury. They may be a lot more willing to help Ron with those Tee Pads

John McMullen said:
Seven Oaks, Cedar Hill, Sharp Springs, Barfield Crescent Park, and last but not least, the new Crockett Park layout is fantastic.
I visit the area a couple times a year, and try to play all these courses when I'm there. I would have to say that Seven Oaks is my favorite. I just love the way the club has the course set up, it's just awesome disc golf, and a really fun course.
Played Crockett for the first time this past Christmas, and somehow, I managed to break my leg on the second day playing the course. Probably the worst disc golf related injury I've ever heard of. Broken tibia and fibula ... after surgery last week, I now have 7 screws and a plate in my foot. Watch those natural tee pads ... they can get ya! But don't let that keep you from playing this awesome course. The guys from Williamson County Disc Golf Club are doing fantastic stuff with this park. Recommended!
Hmm.... The course has been installed right at one year. Just like our tee pads ------------ the status of the course and our relationship with the park board is not in concrete. (sorry, couldn't resist)

If upon getting the details of John's most nasty accident, what happens if they go the other way --- they could decide they don't want to be associated with the liabilities of this NonMoneyBringingIn thing called DG. Currently, I'm not convinced at all that they ever plan to do anything else for the course outside of the regular maintenence I shame them into. To the director's credit though; he is coughing up big dollars to have the course turf mowed EVERY Wednesday.

My read. If we are waiting on them for tee pads, we could wait a long time. It ain't like we haven't asked. BTW, our tee pad fund, CFR disc, and fund-raising tournament are being planned now. If we expect them to see "safety" instead of "unneeded trouble" ---- I'm not wanting to gamble with the future of the course. Could I be wrong? Major Yep.

My mind could be changed, but the aurgument must be stronger than "Brentwood has plenty of money, They should buy us some tee pads".

If I could read the mind of the director and park board, then maybe we could move faster and/or push harder. 2 1/2 years ago we had permission to plan a course on about half of the land we have now AND a directive that we could never run tournaments. (Insert tacky comment - I'm a salesman in my day job. The old man done pretty good) And as far as I know, they are reasonable pleased with where we are now. How and when to push is a constant topic.

Anybody got advice or mind-reading experience?

Ron

PandS
Oooooh. I just had a brand new thought. I don't get them often, so I better make note. While most that know me will know that I don't sit, settle, or compromise often ----------- I did have this thought. If we have to choose between the city providing mowing or tee pads, then it is an easy call. We can handle the tee pads, but have no way to handle the weekly mowing.

I wonder what percentage of cities/parks provide tee pads vs. those that don't? Sounds like a CK question.
Ron perhaps we could get Jacky to send out the park director email address and have area golfers flood him with emails presenting this tee pad question. Of course they should commend him on how great the course is and how this lack of tee pads is the only thing hold him back from having one of the best courses in the state. the cost is really only about 4000 and i know we have enough guys to knock it out in a days time.
I really can't say my favorite. All the courses in Tenn. are really nice. All the folks that have made it to The Farm in Summertown said they really enjoyed the diversity on the course. Some say I should call it the get-away course. If you are in the area come check it out. Let me know what you think of this course. This course may beat the overall length of Sharp Springs course.
If ever in Chattanooga, you must play The Sinks. A tight wooded course filled with sink holes and in the spring and summer they are filled with water. Not much elevation but a very nice course. one of my top 5

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968