www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Bud Hill in Memphis is a jewel course!

Views: 42

Replies to This Discussion

Cane Creek is my favorite.
we need to go play borden park with ultra stars...that would be fun...but morningside is the best course ever...from the oranges it's mighty tuff and awfully fun from the rest of the tees and the jungle stuff is wicked fun , plus the locals only aspect is cool...if your'e a local at least
My first time to play Bud Hill and had a great time. Love the way it is set up. Even for an old man that can't throw over 180ft could still have a decent score. I am looking forward to some more trips to Memphis with the guys from Jackson Tn. I had a blast.
I agree!!
I don't agree.
Seven Oaks, Cedar Hill, Sharp Springs, Barfield Crescent Park, and last but not least, the new Crockett Park layout is fantastic.
I visit the area a couple times a year, and try to play all these courses when I'm there. I would have to say that Seven Oaks is my favorite. I just love the way the club has the course set up, it's just awesome disc golf, and a really fun course.
Played Crockett for the first time this past Christmas, and somehow, I managed to break my leg on the second day playing the course. Probably the worst disc golf related injury I've ever heard of. Broken tibia and fibula ... after surgery last week, I now have 7 screws and a plate in my foot. Watch those natural tee pads ... they can get ya! But don't let that keep you from playing this awesome course. The guys from Williamson County Disc Golf Club are doing fantastic stuff with this park. Recommended!
WHAT ABOUT bARFIELD CRESCENT IN MURFREESBORO? If you haven't been there lately you should. It gets nicer everyday and when the pins are all in the long position it is a mother. Thanks to Jack carter and Jackie Logan and those i don't even know that make that keep improving that course. Shoot me a message and i will meet you out there!
Sharp Springs Park DGC is the longest course in Tennessee. I suggest trowing something overstable on hole 3's 274' water hole. Its a long course through woods.... future of the new couse designs. P.S. 3 is not its only water hazzard hole.
wow,.... surprised sanders ferry hasnt made honorable mention. When I lived in clarksville i would drive out there every weekend. stop by cedar hill on the way home. I played them all and i would have to say sanders ferry is my choice.
It's hard to say what the best course in Tennessee is. There are so many awesome courses. My top five in no particular order are:
Warriors Path
Sharp Springs
Cedar Hill
Seven Oaks
Bud Hill
Of the courses I have played, Cedar Hill is still the best IMHO. Runner Ups -- Sharp Springs and Cane Creek. Looking forward to playing the East TN courses. Maybe my list will change.

On some days -- Crockett is at the top of my list, but most days --- I'm working on the course instead of playing --- then it is not my favorite :)

Hopefully we can move Crockett up on your list. We have adjusted 3 or 4 holes and have almost finished putting in temporary carpet tee pads. We are coming up on our 1 year installation anniversary and have a few more par 4 adjustments coming. Expect more OB, some new looks, and an island hole. Come see us.

Ron Pittman

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968