www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Daytona Disc Golf is looking into getting some bag tags. Any suggestions on companies or web sites to check into?
Thanx

Views: 1969

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

dude i havnt had one of those since high school, oh wait a minute thats probably not the bag tag your looking for
We're about to start a bag tag challenge this year. I've only seen pictures of the tags and they look great. We got ours from www.wholesalemedals.com/bag_tags.html. I heard that gotta go gotta throw also has bag tags for sale.
we have some mini-tags from little flyer
i think its littleflyer.com
We added laser engraving this year and now do bag tags, plaques, and a variety of engraving on glass, plastic, wood and marking metal. You can see samples on my website www.disc-diva.com and email me through there. I'd be happy to send you a price list. You'll get personal service, a proof sent to you before I run your tags, and your tags personally bagged and shipped. Who else will handle your "disc golf tags" with the respect that they deserve? : )
Kathy
Local clubs do 'Bag Tag' rounds, this is where golfers can buy a club 'bag tag' (ours are $8) and play the challenge.
We have 'open bag tags' and 'womens bag tags'
Our bag tag club round is Thursdays, we play a standard round and take scores, ofcourse
Everyone with a bag tag is pooled, tags taken and redistributed according to scores...
i.e.
Name Start Tag Round Score Round Rank New Tag
Joe 1 57 t-4th 7
Steve 2 56 3rd 5
Bill 5 49 1st 1
Ian 7 57 t-4th 11
Zeke 11 55 2nd 2

best score takes lowest tag that showed up

basically local competitions for local players to challenge each other - goal to hold the #1 Bag Tag (or top 10 for larger clubs)
I'm not sure who makes them, but for the Arizona Disc Golf Club we have really sweet brass tags that seem more like they belong on your belt buckle than on a bag. I'm not sure where we got em but I'm sure you could ask someone through the AZDGC site.
If you go to the Innova site or Gateway they have deals and packages that can get you started. We get ours through Dave McCormick with Gateway but I'm not sure what the pricing is. I do know that he will work with you and is very fair in his pricing. Let me know if you need more info
We are just now looking into getting our 2nd set of tags. Last year we used Hotel Style Key tags

they worked well and were inexpensive and super durable.

Since last years tags were such a success this year we are working with a semi-local dg businessmen who is getting us a great deal on Alum. tags.

The biggest issue I found last year was finding a company that would get you a good deal on sequentially # tags in small quantities
Go to www.disc-diva.com, she can do steel, anadyzed aluminum, or colored plastic. Very high quality (look much better than the hotel tags ;-)), durable, and no problem with the numbering. Reasonable pricing and you would be supporting a touring pro and two time world champion.
We provide each club member with a bag tag so cost is a concern for us. The Key tags cost us $100 which seemed like a good amount to spend on the clubs first year with Bag tags. The bag tag idea turned out to be a huge success with our club member so this year we are getting real tags.

Nothing against Disc-diva's tags as they are really nice, but for the 150 tags we would need their cost comes in around $525. We are getting tags of similar material and quality for $200 from our local guy.
We just made our own tags,........ just get a piece of coloured coroplast plastic, cut into 2"x2" squares poke a hole in one corner with awl or screwdriver and feed thru hard skinny poly twine, tie and your ready to go. Make the string long enough so you can loop the tag thru it attaching it to your bag. # each tag and u got a complete set o' tags for 2 dollars.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968