www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been using a Pro Birdie for about 2 years now and I'm making little progress in improving my putting game. I continue to be about less that 50% from 30 feet and about 70% from 20 feet. I've also found the Birdie, which has a deep lip compared to most putters, to be inconsistent with the release due to the deep lip.

Does anyone have a good suggestion on some putters that I should look at? I know that it's difficult to make a suggestion without assessing my form/putting style. Has anyone moved from a deep rim putter before?

Views: 15

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I really don't see any difference between the two other than the color. Anyone know why they make the two different models? I know they say the blowfly floats. I don't know if the blunt does or not.
It definitely #2. I know that when I do miss left its because I executed bad form or didn't put enough power on the disc. I do agree taht within 25 feet it shouldn't really matter what disc you're using since all offer mostly the same, its up to the player to execute the shot properly from inside 25.

I do agree that the 30-60 foot range is what really causes issues with me with my Biridie. I often have to aim about 1-2 feet to the left of the pin so the disc breaks correctly with the extra power I'm getting from my weight shift. I also have a longer "stroke" so the disc is at a very slight anhyzer comming out, otherwise the disc would likely nose up due to its lip. Very quirky trying to throw it.

My goal is to be able to use a slight hyzer putt with a more stable disc when i'm distance putting. I liked the Birdie originally since it wouldn't fly too far past the basket, however, I'm at a point in my game to now "go for" those shots rather than laying up. I think with a few modifications to my form and a lot of practice, I'll be ready for a new approach to my putting.
when it comes to putters..
you must find your way "grasshopper"
Feel the disc, as it snaps out of your hand.
It must be comfortable and grip to your liking.

Disc Player's Fav. the KC Pro Aviar
http://www.discplayersports.com/discplayerkcproaviar.html
Just throw a bunch of different putters. Keep the one with the best results for feel and performance and then just learn that disc. Practice, focus, and confidence are key. Learn good form. Try the Aviar(any Aviar), Rhyno, Challenger, Wizard, Magnet, anything else you can get your hands on.
Most good putters I know are convinced that their putter is the best on the market and everyone else should throw it. On the other hand a good putter could take any of those discs and not have to worry if it was going in or not at 20 feet. Wouldn't matter if it was an Aviar, Challenger, or even a Jaguar (yeah I know its not a putter, but I've tried it before).

Discclaimer: I actually putt like crap, and don't practice nearly enough to get good. Quite often my mental focus is on par with that of a ground squirrel. Fairly often a stray thought- "is that a butterfly" -or -"boy its windy"- just as I release another stray putt. But that's OK cuz I'm having a great time even when I really suck and that's the important part.... at least I think so anyways. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!
Blowfly, blowfly, blowfly
you know nibs you and me are odd men out with the blowfly, either that or its the best kept secret in discgolf, you know what that means ? more of them for you and me!!!
I used an aviar before. Just like these a bit better. I think putting consistent with the same model /weight helps more than any one model. I think if you got a pile of destroyers and putted with them for a year. Then you would be the best driver putter in the world!
I say go for an JK Aviar X and then when you get used to that step up to an 10 or 11x KC Aviar .
Wizard, Wizard, Wizard did I mention try a Wizard?
I have to agree with you chris, i have the wizard to be one of the most versatile discs as far as a putter goes....it is stable enough to handle a good rip and can be finnessed softly for a accurate putting style........
everyone has thier own preference, and it really just comes down to what you're comfortable with and what you can be consistant with. and then just practice. i think i started out on a Rattler (deep rim), but commited myself for life to the Omega Supersoft after throwing the majority of the putters that were out at the time. it works for me, infact i have just replaced my old one with a brand new SuperSoft tonight. i am now on my 4th supersoft over 12 or so years of play and have no intention of changing my alligence...just to keep practicing those long ones.
Thanks Kevin, I was looking for a response from someone who has thrown a deep rim before.

Well I'll probably be playing in our winter league up here this Saturday...and I don't feel like throwing a Birdie ever again (at least from 80 feet in). It will sure be a tough week putting if I switch, but its best to get them out of the way now in league than in a tourney when it really matters.

Thanks for all your responses everyone! I think I'm going to look at 2-3 putters (i'll probably by 2 of each to start). The Discraft Challenger (likely ProD, but could look at FLX), the Gateway Wizard, and if needed I'll try the Blowfly.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968