www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am heading down to Austin TX in march with My buddy to visit some friends and I am looking for some good places to play. I have chacked out the websites of the local clubs and PDGA so I have a good idea where the courses are. What I really want to know is what are the best places to play.

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ohhh dude...Austin is truly a dg mecca.
You can find a "mini" every day of the week.
My favorite is Circle C / aka Slaughter Ck. (Sun. morn. mini) You need a local the first time through.
Cool urban course is Pease Park...overlooking downtown on the edge of the UT campus...many distractions can affect your game here especially all the hotties jogging / biking through. Mini Sat. morning and Tues. afternoon.
A quick, fun and very busy course is Searight. Big mini every Fri. afternoon.
While there try to make at least one of the private ranch courses around...Circle R between Winberley & Blanco is the home of Millennium and has two great courses. (call first to confirm course open - 830-833-1227)
The other ranch courses are at Dave Moody's...he runs the Pease Park minis & pro shop. He has a great course outside Bastrop. Twin Parks country club is another must see...it's a private club with a great club house with rooms available to rent, two courses with concrete tee pads. (Austin is hurting in the tee pad department...playing in wet conditions can be tricky)
There are a couple great new courses I have yet to play that are supposed to be amazing...Wilco for sure and I think Manor may be done by then as well. There is a long, windy course in Round Rock...they play Wed. afternoons or you can play a mini at the little urban course in Bartholemew park at their Wed. mini.
Have a great time...I miss Austin!
wilco park off 1431 and county rd 175. I would also head to waco for day and play the beast as well as cameron original its about 1 hour and half from austin. let me know when you are in town and we can try an hook up for a round.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968