www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I've been in a slump the last couple of weeks, specifically my drives are about 50' short of what they should be and my timing just doesn't feel right. The snow the last two months has made it hard to get in any field practice off the course. Any suggestions on how to get my drive flowing the way it should be and possibly better?

Tags: Drive, slump

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My recent performance definitely has nothing to do with the discs I'm throwing. My bag has a mixture of discraft, innova, gateway, quest and I've even experienced with Discwing. Thanks for the advice starhucker, even without video I've used your advice along with the advice of Elaine King and I've found that it was a simple timing error causing me to strongarm my discs instead of using my legs and shoulders. Luckily, I'm out of town for the next few days, so I'll also get a chance to rest a little bit (since all i brought were a couple putters)
I live in Ohio. I wasn't really in a slump, but once it got colder the first time my drives were a little shorter as well. What I found is that I was compensating for having a sweatshirt on. I was trying to throw it harder, because I was trying to offset the effects of the sweatshirt. It didn't add a lot of bulk. But I threw like it made a difference. Once I went back to normal driving the distance was back.
Plus playing in winter and the cold, your discs are more stable so you should find yourself throwing more understable discs.

I was throwing Innova at the beginning of the year with the same results as the two years before. What I found out was that with the thinner rim from Gateway, I was able to be more consistant with my release. I have small hands and the larger rim height was making it hard for me to get a consistant release due to my fingers moving around on the rim before my drives. I found the same thing with my Aviars, The rim is actually concave and I couldn't get a good snap because of my hand size.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968