www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all...I'm a 16 year old Eagle Scout Candidate and for my Eagle Project I plan on putting in a Disc Golf Course near my hometown. Right now I'm beginning the process of raising the funds to purchase all of the needed equipment. Something I could REALLY use right now is video so that I can put together a DVD to show to some local businesses and service clubs so that they can get a better idea of what this sport is all about. Any suggestions? Also might be interested in other fundraising ideas if any of you have them. Thanks!

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have played all the courses in Peru and France Park.Before they put the course in Muncie ,Peru was where I played almost always.I would have to say Mississenewa is my favorite course ,but Pieradice is excellent also.Next time you get around Muncie let me know and I will throw a round or 2 with you at McCulloch Park.Take care Nathan,and good luck with the course.Looking forward to playing it.
Stoney.....I like the Mississenewa course too! To have a good comparison I'd have to say that the course I'm working on would be a mixture of France Park and Mississenewa.....with the open areas not being quite as open as some of those at Mississenewa.....so if you like both of those I think you'll like this one too! Hoping to go out beginning next week whenever the weather allows and begin prunning trees! It'd be cool to meet up and play a round or 2! But ya may have to come down here to play as I'll be busy working on this course this spring and early summer.
I'll come out to play it as soon as I can. It's just a slight detour on my way back to Michigan.

Nathan said:
Thanks! Glad to hear the thoughts on the Spider Web 3 baskets! I've heard tell of several courses that were taken on by scouts for Eagle projects! This course will probably have several sets of steps in it before its all said and done. If you didn't see it on here Allen is one of the guys helping me with the design of the course. He and Jerry have spent a lot of time hiking around checking things out.....getting a good flow.....I can't begin to thank them enough for all they've done to help me. By the way.....yes.....the "catching" part of the basket will be powder coated a bright yellow! Gonna come play this summer? (hahaha)
Corndawg....Love the Car Wash Idea! Hadn't thought of that! We could put together a Scout troop car wash pretty easily come spring! If you've done that sort of thing before.....maybe you can answer this question for me.....which seems to work better.....having a set price for the wash or just making it a "Free Will" sort of car wash? I have some raffle tickets I'll be using also before long.....to raffle off items I'll soon be going out to get donated.....things like oil changes, tire rotations, flowers, food, dry cleaning etc.....though it'll most likely be on my own as 0 out of 4 School Systems in my county have expressed any interest in any help at all up to this point in time. Churches have also been a bit of a let down as only 1 (the one I attend) out of around 70 that I have contacted have shown any interest either. My city and county are both broke and have offered no help at all.

Chas.....That'd be GREAT! I've had it suggested to me to enclose a map of the U.S. in a case and display it near the course and update weekly where people have come from to play the course. I think that'd also be a great idea!
hey now,Nathan you need to set a price for your car/truck wash.Plenty of weekend car washes for our daughters hs band helped with many trips.A $ set money price will keep the guess work to a minimum.Example: cars-$5 ,trucks $8.Most people will donate the change from a $10 or $20.This might change due to the economic times we are experiencing.Designate one person to collect money.Helps if you collect prior to the wash,less confusion and will keep the lines moving quicker.Don't forget to close all windows! Don't forget to those two important words;"thank you".Best of luck,hope to play the course some day.

Nathan said:
Corndawg....Love the Car Wash Idea! Hadn't thought of that! We could put together a Scout troop car wash pretty easily come spring! If you've done that sort of thing before.....maybe you can answer this question for me.....which seems to work better.....having a set price for the wash or just making it a "Free Will" sort of car wash? I have some raffle tickets I'll be using also before long.....to raffle off items I'll soon be going out to get donated.....things like oil changes, tire rotations, flowers, food, dry cleaning etc.....though it'll most likely be on my own as 0 out of 4 School Systems in my county have expressed any interest in any help at all up to this point in time. Churches have also been a bit of a let down as only 1 (the one I attend) out of around 70 that I have contacted have shown any interest either. My city and county are both broke and have offered no help at all.

Chas.....That'd be GREAT! I've had it suggested to me to enclose a map of the U.S. in a case and display it near the course and update weekly where people have come from to play the course. I think that'd also be a great idea!
Thanks for the advice mr. ed! I REALLY like the car wash idea and will look at working it in sometime this spring. I'd try it now since all of the cars and trucks in my area are REALLY dirty right now due to the winter....but wind chill was around 20-25 below zero here the past couple of days. (ok....so I wouldn't REALLY try it now.....but I WILL this spring)
Ok.....tomorrows my next hurdle.....it should be a small one though.....I'll be making another presentation to the Board of Directors to get their ok to begin working on the course. Jerry and Allen are also going to go to the meeting with me and speak for a few minutes. I'll have a short DVD to show, explaining in better detail what Disc Golf is to those on the Board who aren't sure. Also.....Allen will be bringing the first shipment of baskets with him tomorrow and he and Jerry and myself will scout around for the best places to put the other 6 holes. My dad and I have gone out several times so there are a few places I'd like to show them to get their thoughts.....they would all blend right in with what we already have. I'll let you all know after the meeting what they had to say!
Awesome...can't wait to hear how it goes!
sweet.. that's a huge hurdle. By the sounds of it, you have everything running like a well oiled machine. Best of luck on the presentation to the Board of Directors.
You rock dude. Good luck.
Corndawg.....I appreciate the thought about doing a front nine first....raise some more funds and add a back nine later.....and so on......but as of last night.....I have the go ahead now to get started on the course. I'm shooting for the whole 24 holes for this summer! To this point I've raised right at $11,000.00 with another $1,400.00 coming in by the end of this month. Possibly $1750.00. Add to that that there is another $2800.00 pledged for June and you're looking at over $15,000.00. I have 2 holes left to find sponsors for and I'll also be putting together a few other fundraisers before we actually get to the point where we'll be installing the course. By buying the baskets I decided on, I'm getting TOP NOTCH baskets at a savings of at least $2,000.00 by the time you figure the cost of baskets and delivery charges. Things are going real well up to this point but there still is much to do!

Thanks Matt! It's a LOT of work, but I just keep thinking about what the final result is going to be!
CONGRATS !!! It's a big step. I'm happy to hear that you got the go ahead to get started on the course. good news man.. good news.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968