www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all...I'm a 16 year old Eagle Scout Candidate and for my Eagle Project I plan on putting in a Disc Golf Course near my hometown. Right now I'm beginning the process of raising the funds to purchase all of the needed equipment. Something I could REALLY use right now is video so that I can put together a DVD to show to some local businesses and service clubs so that they can get a better idea of what this sport is all about. Any suggestions? Also might be interested in other fundraising ideas if any of you have them. Thanks!

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Nick! Well.....we're now in the process of adding support to the middle of the first staircase...the staircase itself is built....just need to finish adding support to the middle of the steps and put on the handrails and build a landing at the bottom and top and it'll be done...still a bit to do on it...but hey...it is the eqivelent of a 3 story staircase for crying lot loud! Can't wait for ya to see it! Not a bad job at all for a bunch of amatuers! My dad says it's nearly a thing of beauty! (hahaha)

I guess I need to e-mail the guys from Purdue directly. I was hoping they'd see the post I left after they posted. I'll send 'em one as soon as I know we can have a work day.

Next weekend there's going to be a motorcycle ride to benefit this project and my family is going to be serving food at the end of the ride and getting things ready while they're all riding so we won't get much done next Saturday anyway.
Hey buddy, I think that it is a awesome idea you got. I designed a course for my final project for graduation. I used different sorts of cad software and then put it together with some clips of people actually playing. So when I presented it to my teachers, and Dean they could have a better understanding of what disc golf was. I posted the Video on my profile. I thought that it came out pretty sweet. I think a video is the best way to go. Good Luck, with everything.

Here's a pic of one of the sets of stairs we're building....

And a view from the top...
Looking good! Wish some of the courses around here had stairs.
do it kid!!!!!!
I love the stairs. Do you have any drawings you're willing to share so I could do something similar at our course here in Harrisburg PA.
Wow.
Thanks everone! This set is the steepest of the 3 sets we have to build before we can open the course. We then have to build a walking bridge and another scout is going to build yet another bridge, (larger), as his Eagle Scout project.

Chas.....Sorry.....if I had any drawings I'd be happy to share then with you.....but my dad and a friend of his made it up as they went. We couldn't use the actual runners you can buyt at a lumber store or anything as the grade is steeper than 45 degrees.....not to mention longer.....although you could build landings as you go and use the "store bought " ones.....we just liked the idea of making our own.

Nick.....unfortunately we have had a VERY WET spring here and it doesn't look much better going in to next week. Today was nice and we went out and finished putting the supports in the middle of each step. Tomorrow's supposed to be good too and we'll probably get a start of the second set.....the posts and rails are already in place.....although we still need to carraige bolt them on to the posts. Anyway.....the weather has been KILLING us in getting anything done.....so I'm not sure now when it may be finished.

Vagnerman.....this course will be probably slightly longer than average.....and a bit....."tighter".....so arm strength and disc technology might do you some good.....but you're gonna have to have control to do well here.
Nathan,

Sorry for the delay, but I will be available all of next week along with my roommate. The best day to come out and look around is probably Tuesday if you are available. After that we can discuss when you need the most help and we can hopefully wrangle a few guys to come down from the club.

-Ken

PS- Send me an e-mail and I'll shoot you my phone number.
klittle@purdue.edu
Kenneth.....Tuesday afternoon.....after like 2:40 is fine.....weather permitting my dad will be out there all day Wednesday working so anytime then should be fine.

Here's the second set of steps we're working on.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968