www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all...I'm a 16 year old Eagle Scout Candidate and for my Eagle Project I plan on putting in a Disc Golf Course near my hometown. Right now I'm beginning the process of raising the funds to purchase all of the needed equipment. Something I could REALLY use right now is video so that I can put together a DVD to show to some local businesses and service clubs so that they can get a better idea of what this sport is all about. Any suggestions? Also might be interested in other fundraising ideas if any of you have them. Thanks!

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Nathan. I am an eagle scout and have been a disc golfer for a little of 5 years. I have been trying to read up on this whole projecy you have goin on but it is hard with there being over 290 replies. Anyways, I currently live in Kalamazoo MI and would love to come play this course with you some time. Couple of questions: do you have some pictures of the course or a pdf of the layout and hole info? Do you have directions to the course? Is the course in a State park (pay to play)? I just want to know more about the overall layout. Is there a lot of elevation? Open/wooded holes? What is the skinny? Well anyhow I think it is great that you made this course and I wish I would have been I disc golfer when I was in scouts so I could have done the same thing for my project. Congradulations on making it this far and putting in all the effort you have. I am sure it will be appreciated by many.
-David
Hey David! We don't have much ready by way of directions yet, but we'll get there before too long hopefully. I'll be sure to post them on this site. Theres a few pictures of the course on here, but weather permitting I'll take some more tomorrow and put them up on the site soon. The course is at a local youth camp and will be free to play. Most of the course is wooded and there is a lot of elevation changes...making for a few really challenging holes! I'd be happy to play a game with you if you can make it over sometime. I'll get some directions out near the labor day opening, but if you could make it before then just e-mail me and I'll send some your way. As of today we put the remaining baskets in and the course is officially playable!
Well come up some time and I'll give you a private walkthrough and we can play a round together!
I wish you could to! Hope you can come soon and we'll play a round or two.
hey now,congratulations for your finished(almost)project.I'm sure the dg course will be well worth the sweat & toil you've accomplished.Look forward to play when in that part of the country agian> road trip time.Hit chains,Peace
Nathan, just gotta say mad props for putting together a disc golf course at age 16.

At that age I was getting drunk, stoned, shoplifting and acting like a hoodlum..

Wish I had been putting together my own disc golf park. :) Great job man!
I AM SOOOOOOO PUMPED RIGHT NOW!!! A couple of guys came to the course today and I walked them through so they'd know where to go. It was COOL watching them play and hearing what they had to say! They've played every course they know of in the state together and said there is only 1 that even comes close to this one......and that's one up in Northern Indiana not far from Chicago where they're holding or held Worlds! HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?!?! (They were the first ones to play the entire course.....all of the baskets in.....still working on Tees)

Ohhhhh....and THANKS for the comments Ian!
We are having a tournament on September 5th at Ross Hills. I anticipate us being done around 4-5pm. What do you think about having anyone interested after the tournament having a doubles round out at Eagle Scout? I would think we could start by around 6pm and wrap up just as the daylight begins to fade.
I think that'd be great! The official "stuff" begins at 10:00 a.m. and is set to go till 5 so showing up after that would be PERFECT!
Hey Nick.....Ya sure ya can't fly up next weekend? By the way, when will you be back in the area? It's been GREAT to hear the opinions of those who've already played the course! I played the course for the FIRST time yesterday when the local sports editor and I played together that he's writting a story for a paper next week. We won't actually have every thing finished for probablt another month....but it's time to let people play! Already have a pretty steady stream of "regulars" which is cool to see!
Man, I wish I could come up there and play...that would be awesome. The next time I'll be in the area is probably around Christmas. If the weather's ok and it's not too muddy then I might come play in the cold...after that the next time I'd be in the area would probably be next summer...maybe in July. Glad to hear that everything is going so well and that it's been such a success. Keep up all the hard work!
Nick.....Since you've been on the property I thought you might like this info. Just for the fun of it tonight we measured just what kind of hike one will be taking when they play this course.....Parking lot to parking lot if you're playing the Pro Tees it measures out to 12,200 feet! That includes all distances for tees and distances between holes.....Opening day.....JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968