www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all...I'm a 16 year old Eagle Scout Candidate and for my Eagle Project I plan on putting in a Disc Golf Course near my hometown. Right now I'm beginning the process of raising the funds to purchase all of the needed equipment. Something I could REALLY use right now is video so that I can put together a DVD to show to some local businesses and service clubs so that they can get a better idea of what this sport is all about. Any suggestions? Also might be interested in other fundraising ideas if any of you have them. Thanks!

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like everything went pretty well! And here it is on the pdga website: http://www.pdga.com/course-details?id=3522 Great job!
Hoping this post comes out in the right spot........THANKS for the link Nick! Most of the people.....who've obviously played the game for a while.....went out of their way to be friendly.....even going so far as to tell me that even with this course being brand new that it was already a Championship Quaility course!
It is also on dgcoursereview.com as well. I would post a link but due to comp. issues im typeing this on my phone. Just go to dgcoursereview.com and search for eagle scout and it should come up. Nathan all you need to do there is upload some recent photos. Look forward to reading some good reviews.
Thanks Cas! There was a professional photographer/disc golfer there most of the day Saturday.....hopefully he'll send me some pics I can upload to the site.
Sounds like Mike Jenneman may have visited you then? Congrats Nathan! We can't wait to come up and check it out!
If you get those pics, you should put some of them on here as well if he allows you to.
Nick.....I'll sure try!

Hey Rudibaughs! When you think you guys might be able to make it up?
I am an advisor for an Eagle Scout who just completed the back nine at our local disc golf course. Once he was able to prove how popular the disc golf was, he acquired alot of donations. Disc golf was something to promote the park and community as well as a winter activity so the local community could leave the park open year around. We also recieved some donations from a local church who used the park. The local government also chipped in because it helped develop an unused portion of the park. We also had this as an item on a local survey - if you surveyed the community and showed that alot of people wanted it ( like our community did), it is a good proof for local government to use park funds for. This completed project will also be part of a fall festival the local government is having to promote the park. I hope this helps.
i went back to dgcoursereview.com and the course is gone.
We are looking at coming up sometime in the next month if possible...time will tell, but I will definately let you know. : )
Cas.....I think it got changed from Eagle Scout Disc Golf Course to Camp Cullom DGC.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968