www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all...I'm a 16 year old Eagle Scout Candidate and for my Eagle Project I plan on putting in a Disc Golf Course near my hometown. Right now I'm beginning the process of raising the funds to purchase all of the needed equipment. Something I could REALLY use right now is video so that I can put together a DVD to show to some local businesses and service clubs so that they can get a better idea of what this sport is all about. Any suggestions? Also might be interested in other fundraising ideas if any of you have them. Thanks!

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know of what % I speak of but I'd venture to say 40 to 50% of disc golfers out there got a start of the love of the outdoors by doing Boy Scouts ........... DG is just a natural progression from there .......... just getting out in the outdoors and playing thru ......... Boy Scouts and DG one in the same ........... congrats on getting it done
does anyone know if this weekend would be a good weekend to come upand check out the course? i'm from southern alabama and have been following this thread for about a year now. i may have the means and time off to come up this weekend but would hate to do so if there is some big community event this weekend or no campsites or if the weather is too cold. any info from a local would be much appreciated.
you should be ok, there is a tournament on the 14th ( CHAINSAW MASSACRE ) but this weekend should be ok. I played it for the 1st time last weekend. You'll LOVE IT. There are campsites all over the place. 24 holes, 6 and 18 were my favorites. Had a blast even though there were 25-30 mph winds. great course, great time.
Hey all!!! Sorry I haven't been on for a while but between finishing up the course and school work/college visits I just haven't had the time! THANK YOU ALL FOR THE COMPLIMENTS!! It's been a LONG ROAD but we're very near to the end of it! I am extremely proud of how it's turned out! Especially since about 95% of the work or better has been done by about 5 people!

Charles...as fas as I know this weekend should be GREAT! The weather is supposed to be good also with temps in the Mid-50's to around 60 or so! We'll be working on a bridge Saturday part of the time but in the early afternoon there is a Scouting event in town so I won't be out there all day. Camping shouldn't be a problem at all.....When you enter the grounds....immediately to your left is the caretaker/rangers house. His name is Hoppy. Just tell him you'd like to camp and he'll let you know where you can go....or he'll just tell you to go pick a spot and come back later and let him know where you went. If you have any other questions just let me know!

J.W.I. .....Ya just gotta come see it and play it if you ever get the chance.....I don't want to come off like I'm bragging....(too much...hahaha)....but it has turned out even better than I had hoped. It's also a course that plays completely different from the Pro Tees than the Ams....as we didn't just add distance....we made the shot much tougher from the Pros. The course will also play very different from season to season.

Just a word to EVERYONE reading.....After the first weekend in December we will be taking down the baskets for the winter....it was something that the Board of Directors for the Camp thought would be in the Camps best interest. A chance to allow the ground to "Heal".....and also to try to help prevent any accidents as there are holes that could be a bit hazardous in the snow and ice.

Charles.....You're very welcome and THANK -YOU! I REALLY hope that you'll be able to come check it out! If you're EVER in the area.....I promise you....you won't be sorry you stopped by!

Jeff....Thanks for coming by to check it out! Gonna play in the tourney?
Charles.....I think I mentioned it somewhere on here before.....but just in case I didn't....keep in mind that ALL of the campsites at Camp Cullom are of the primitive variety...no electrical hook-ups.....also...you'd have to check with the camp ranger about shower facilities as those are usually not open. Any other questions PLEASE let me know!
if i can get up there for the tourny, i'm in.
I didn't come across this discussion until now but I've just got to add my congratulations to you Nathan for completing your disc golf course project. One of our local courses here in Anchorage was given a facelift by an Eagle Scout for his project. It's always great to see young people such as yourself making a positive impact on their communities. Cheers to you!
THANKS JEREMY!

Hey everyone....check this out!

http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/news/local/local_wlfi_frankfort_disc_golf_c...
Very cool article and video. I love the sweatshirts y'all are wearing...are they for sale? If so, how much?
Hey Nathan, are the sweatshirts you guys were wearing in the video on sale? If so, how much?
Hey Nick! They were something we just had made up without thought about selling them. The front of the sweatshirts have the Camp Cullom name and Logo on them and then you've seen the back. Anyway.....we've now been asked about selling them so it is something we're considering doing. The price of course would depend on just how good of a sweatshirt you wanted. Also....we have had those Logos put on just Tee-Shirts also. If you're interested in either I realize you may be coming up this way at Christmas and I'd get something made for you so you could get it then. Let me know!
Cool man...I appreciate the offer. I will be coming up around Christmas...hopefully the weather cooperates and I can get a round in. I'll let you know about the shirt. Don't want you to have to make something special for me but if you have a stock of them you're selling by then I'd probably buy something.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968