www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all...I'm a 16 year old Eagle Scout Candidate and for my Eagle Project I plan on putting in a Disc Golf Course near my hometown. Right now I'm beginning the process of raising the funds to purchase all of the needed equipment. Something I could REALLY use right now is video so that I can put together a DVD to show to some local businesses and service clubs so that they can get a better idea of what this sport is all about. Any suggestions? Also might be interested in other fundraising ideas if any of you have them. Thanks!

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ahh man Nathan...you live that close to W. Lafayette and you're wearing an IU hat? I don't know if I can play this course afterall...haha j/k. I guess I'm a little biased since I went to Purdue for awhile. Keep up the hard work!
Jack....Honestly....I'm just anxiuos to get started! I KNOW it's gonna be a LOT of work for my family, my Scout Troop, a couple of other Scout Troops who've offered to help and many many others, from bank Vice-Presidents on down who are ready to chip in and help as they are able. The "Easy Way Out" was never an option. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for a project after I earned my Life Rank but I knew it was time to start thinking about it. My dad said this to me...."Nathan, you and I have worked on several Eagle projects and you know as well as I do that some of them weren't Eagle Scout worthy. Mom and I don't care what you decide to do for your project....and we'll help you any way we can....but....you need to be sure that your project makes a difference....whatever it turns out to be....it needs to make a difference." So to make a long story short....a couple of weeks later I told him of this idea. We ran some numbers.....came up with a dollar amount and he asked me if I thought we could raise that amount. When I said I thought so...he said...."Alright....well then let's go for it!".....and here we are!

The Karma boxes are a good idea! I'll do some checking on that!

Nick.....awwwwweeee mannnnnnn......don't hold THAT against me!! (hahaha) It was a PRESENT from my Aunt for crying out loud!
It wasn't much.....but my dad and I went out to the camp and pruned maybe a dozen trees or so tonight! That's one small cut for Disc Golf.....one giant start for this Scout!
Haha...ok, I guess it can slide since it was a gift...lol...Anyway, glad to hear that you got started on the pruning...even though it may not be much, it's still exciting!
send me your mailing address at
10downdiscgolf@gmail.com
and i'll send a copy out to you
hope it helps in your efforts.

10Down Disc Golf

Nathan said:
10Down.....A disc to help explain it to PE classes would be GREAT! If I can raise enough money I'd like to buy 3-4 of the portable models for the schools in my county to use to help raise interest in something new to our area.
Okkkkkk..........I FINALLY got some pictures to upload into a slideshow! Trouble is.....I didn't know they would load in REVERSE order! (hahaha) Soooooooo.......if you'd like to see a few of the holes before any work is done on them.....you can click on my pic and go to my personal page and view them! You might want to start with the 17th picture and work your way back to the first! (hahaha)
hey now,enjoyed the pictures of your course to be in the ground soon.Good luck ,hope tp play the course some day.Peace.Happy New Year.
Thanks mr ed! They only showed a small part of the course, but I thought I'd post them anyway. It'll be fun to do updated photos from time to time.....and then maybe a video walk-through come mid-summer to show it all off! When it's all said and done it'll be better than some, not as good as others, but the ONLY one in my county.....and hopefully it will get many new players trying the sport out.
hey now,a video walk about would be great,great attitude.Keep head up always.My home town scout pack just recently celebrated 50 yrs.Here's to scouting.You will always use what you learn from scouts.Peace

Nathan said:
Thanks mr ed! They only showed a small part of the course, but I thought I'd post them anyway. It'll be fun to do updated photos from time to time.....and then maybe a video walk-through come mid-summer to show it all off! When it's all said and done it'll be better than some, not as good as others, but the ONLY one in my county.....and hopefully it will get many new players trying the sport out.
I'm glad I haven't seen this till now. it was fun to go thru all the posts and see how it came together.
your excitement is contagious!! good job Nathan and good job disc golfers!!!!
Hey Nathan...it was very cool to go through and see the pics. When I drove by the place I couldn't see all that I saw in those pictures. The downhill dogleg left didn't look as long when I was there as it did in the pictures. I had no idea it was 600 feet...very cool! Can't wait to play!
mr ed.....The church that sponsors my Troop has been sponsoring it non-stop for 70 years! It TRULY is a tradition! This year marks Scoutings 100th year in the U.S.!

Hey Eric! Glad you've joined in with us! It's been A LOT OF FUN for me to get on here and post what's going on with this project and it's been WONDERFUL to be able to reach out to others here on the forum for support and ideas! It's meant a lot to me to have the GREAT in-put from everyone on here!

I'm just hoping that when this course opens and some of you make the journey here to play, that I have the chance to meet you when you do.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968