www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all...I'm a 16 year old Eagle Scout Candidate and for my Eagle Project I plan on putting in a Disc Golf Course near my hometown. Right now I'm beginning the process of raising the funds to purchase all of the needed equipment. Something I could REALLY use right now is video so that I can put together a DVD to show to some local businesses and service clubs so that they can get a better idea of what this sport is all about. Any suggestions? Also might be interested in other fundraising ideas if any of you have them. Thanks!

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Nick! Yessir! Depending on just where exactly we decide to put that basket it will be in the 600 ft area....slightly less to slightly more. It looks REALLY cool to see the discs fly down that hill! It's nothing like they have at ski resorts....but for around here.....it's pretty sweet! I'm looking forward to being able to take you around the place in March and see what ya think!
Very nice Nathan,can't wait to come check it out.
Hey Nate.. thanks for posting those pics. Very cool to see the layout so far.
stoney.....Thanks! Can't wait for you to come and check it out!

Mike.....don't think I've forgotten about a logo.....I'm waiting to hear back from Scouting to be sure I can use..."Eagle Scout Disc Golf Course".....or whether I may have to just go with "The Eagle Disc Golf Course"....or something similar.

Just wait till you see the place in the spring summer and fall!
Alright man.. You know I offered a way to help back when you first started this thread. Let me know and I'll see what I can do.
hey now,Nathan have you checked with PDGA about your installment of the spider baskets.Chuck kennedy mentioned in another post of disc baskets that you were sent info and they're waiting for a response.Sound familiar.I mention this only if you might want to have/use PDGA tourney play standards.Gateway's basket is also satandards issue.Good luck.
Thanks mr ed......No....I haven't checked. I do know that they have been used in tournaments....and I know they're AT LEAST as good as anything else out there. But like I said....when I considered all options....there really wasn't another one. Again....I KNOW they are GREAT baskets.....and my first thought when I started in on this project was to end up with the absolute BEST course I could for the amount of money I can raise. Tournamnets would be WONDERFUL.....but they were an afterthought. The baskets I bought saved me at least $2,000.00 and probably more in the neighborhood of $2,300.00-$2,500.00 between the cost of the baskets and delivery charges. I'm hopeful that the money I am saving there will help me to make the course better in other ways....such as adding Pro-Tees instead of just 1 set of T's. If I can continue raising money then I can also maybe add some benches here and there. I'm going to need to add steps down a ravine to help with any erosion problems etc. One of the other scouts in my Troop is going to build a bridge and another set or 2 of steps up and down another place on the course.....So when I considered everything....The Spider Web III's REALLY seemed to be my best bet.
I agree with your choice Nathan. I think we should encourage Alan to send his baskets in for aproval.

Nathan said:
Thanks mr ed......No....I haven't checked. I do know that they have been used in tournaments....and I know they're AT LEAST as good as anything else out there. But like I said....when I considered all options....there really wasn't another one. Again....I KNOW they are GREAT baskets.....and my first thought when I started in on this project was to end up with the absolute BEST course I could for the amount of money I can raise. Tournamnets would be WONDERFUL.....but they were an afterthought. The baskets I bought saved me at least $2,000.00 and probably more in the neighborhood of $2,300.00-$2,500.00 between the cost of the baskets and delivery charges. I'm hopeful that the money I am saving there will help me to make the course better in other ways....such as adding Pro-Tees instead of just 1 set of T's. If I can continue raising money then I can also maybe add some benches here and there. I'm going to need to add steps down a ravine to help with any erosion problems etc. One of the other scouts in my Troop is going to build a bridge and another set or 2 of steps up and down another place on the course.....So when I considered everything....The Spider Web III's REALLY seemed to be my best bet.
hey now Nathan,check out the post;"updating the almighty disc golf basket.Hope this gives you an idea of what I was talking about with the baskets.Chuck kennedy answers some of those quetions.Best of luck,the course looks good.
Thanks again mr ed! I'll check it out in just a few minutes!
Thanks again for the heads up mr ed! I just finished reading the posts about the basket update. I think it's a real shame that they want to change the design of the baskets when it seems to me to be sooooooo much more financially acceptable to change the sizes of the official discs intsead. Have a smallest officially acceptable and a largest officially acceptable and have the throwers change rather than the courses. As new courses come online they can be made as challenging or as easy as their designers care to make them. Kinda reminds me of baseball and the use of alloy bats of this type or that to make it "easier" for the batter at any and all levels except Pro.....where they still have to use wood. If I had a vote in the matter it would be to change the discs....not the baskets.
Latest update.....We've picked up a volunteer to take down the small trees we have to remove for the course. Nothing is of the size that it'll need to be split but he's going to cut stuff up into about 18 inch sections for easy handling. We met him at the camp yesterday and ribboned off some of what we need to have cut. It's supposed to get up to around 50 degrees here this weekend with the possibility of rain.....that should help get rid of a good part of the snow. He's hoping to get out and get started next Monday or Tuesday if the weather permits. He's said he'll let me know when he's ready to see some more of ht e course and what needs to be done from there! VERY COOL! I'll get a few other Scouts together and we'll go out and collect and stack the wood close to the lodge for use there.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968