www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all...I'm a 16 year old Eagle Scout Candidate and for my Eagle Project I plan on putting in a Disc Golf Course near my hometown. Right now I'm beginning the process of raising the funds to purchase all of the needed equipment. Something I could REALLY use right now is video so that I can put together a DVD to show to some local businesses and service clubs so that they can get a better idea of what this sport is all about. Any suggestions? Also might be interested in other fundraising ideas if any of you have them. Thanks!

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds good, Nathan. I was just thinking we haven't heard anything in awhile so I was just getting ready to get on here and ask how things were going. I can't wait til it gets warmer and you're able to get lots of stuff done...it'll be fun to read about the progress!
The PDGA checked the files and there was no Board action taken to permanently approve the Spiderweb baskets. All they could find was the discussion regarding Mark Ellis going to make measurements and that would approve targets for use at the Worlds along with the fee that went to Steady Ed. The DGA dual chain patent was still in force in 1998 so that's why a license fee was paid to DGA. So there was no way the Spiderwebs could have been approved unless Alan had set up a licensing deal with the DGA. Both that patent and Ed happened to expire in 2002.
Nick.....The weather is supposed to improve here DRAMATICALLY over the next few days. I'm hoping to get out and get to it as much as possible! Still coming up in March for spring break?

Chuck.....THANKS for checking into that for me.....I appreciate it! Gonna have to tell Allen to get one sent off to you guys the next time I see him!
Yeah, I should still be there in March to see all the things you've got done by then...can't wait!
WOOOOO HOOOOO!!! My dad, brother and I all went out to the camp and did some work Saturday. The weather was great.....around 50 degrees with just a bit of a breeze! We spent about 5 and a half hours working and have 2 more holes pretty much ready to go come spring...just a few minor things left to clean out of what will be the fairways! The coolest thing today was seeing the vision that Jerry and Allen had start to take shape! One of the holes in particular (number 5) was a hole that I originally thought would serve as a way just to get us from hole 4 to hole 6 is REALLY gonna be a COOL hole! Once we opened it up so you can see how it's gonna play it really amazed me! We started by where the T's will be and worked our way down up and over to where the basket will be and really didn't pay any attention to how it was looking behind us till we got to just a few feet away from where the basket will be placed...then looking back to see what we'd done it was like....."WOW.....this is gonna be a really cool hole!"
Sounds awesome, Nathan. Glad you guys were able to get out there and get some work done. Glad that the weather was decent. Now all you need is a few more Saturdays like that and you'll be done in no time! What's next on the agenda?
Holes 1,2 3,4,5 6,7 are all pretty much ready now with just a little bit more to do on each of these holes.....also.....holes 22,23,24 are pretty much ready too! Tuesday my dad and one of the volunteers are going to meet out at the camp and mark some more stuff for removaland trimming.,,,,and they'll probably do a little more of that while they're out there. Like ya said....now we just need some more decent weather to get out there and work! On a side note I received 2 checks today for a little over $1,400.00 total to go towards my project.....so THAT was pretty cool!
glad to see from the these couple beautiful days that you and a bunch of others were able to get out there and prep some of the fairways. Can't wait to see pics whenever you put them up. Keep on..keepin' on. lol
hey now,great to read about your progress.Sounds exciting,hope to meet you on the course someday.Hit Chains,Peace.
Got a bit more done today! My dad and another volunteer spent about 3 hours clearing out a few places and then marking some others with some bright orange paint so that the next time the other guy has some time he'll know where to continue. Supposed to rain hard here tonight and tommorrow with some possible damaging winds.....so it'll probably be at least 2-3 days before we can get out to do anything else. Here's hoping the temperature stays decent enough to keep working!

Mike......I Gotta remember to take the camera with me!!

mr ed....It'd be VERY cool to be able to meet you on the course some day! Do your travels ever bring you up this way?
Another Saturday spent on the course....total of 6 people working.....then my dad and a friend of his each had the day off today and they went out and spent the entire day working on the course.....so between Saturday and today we've been able to open up 5 1/2 more holes. Dad says that if the weather cooperates he'll go out after work the next couple of nights and finish up the half hole and probably 1 more hole besides. Then we need to get some Scouts out there with some 4-wheelers and tow along trailers and clear out all of the "firewood" that's stacked up all over the place. Then we'll be ready to start working on some of the other holes. Starting to come together REAL nicely! Hopefully dad will take his camera with him tomorrow and get some updated pictures to share.
Git-r-dun little man

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968