www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all...I'm a 16 year old Eagle Scout Candidate and for my Eagle Project I plan on putting in a Disc Golf Course near my hometown. Right now I'm beginning the process of raising the funds to purchase all of the needed equipment. Something I could REALLY use right now is video so that I can put together a DVD to show to some local businesses and service clubs so that they can get a better idea of what this sport is all about. Any suggestions? Also might be interested in other fundraising ideas if any of you have them. Thanks!

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Justin....that is EXACTLY what I did. Each sign...2 per hole...have the people/businesses who "Paid" for that hole on them. Ask Nick here what he thinks of them as he just played the course a couple of days ago. All of the sponsors who donated 50 dollars or more are also going to have their names put on a BIG PLACQUE which will be displayed at the camp in another place so that even non disc golfers will see it.
Gotta hand it to ya... I'm impressed. Wish I could play a round. Seems like you need a reward now lol Thats a huge accomplishment guy. Keep it up man...
Well....what's stopping you? C'mon and play a round...or 2...the course is completely different from the Pro Tees as it is from the Ams....didn't just add length....changed angles....made tighter holes to throw through, and so forth. Not sure when I can get it done....but maybe I could get some new pics.
Well....for all of you who've been supporting me for the past 2 years on this project.....I posted some pictures of the course and how it looks as of this week. I also want you all to know that yesterday.....I received my Eagle!
I'm not sure why they are displayed in reverse order in the slideshow....but it is what it is. Hope you enjoy the pics!
Congratulations are once again in order for your accompishments..you should redesign that patch,perhaps an Eagle with a disc.
Thanks again Mr. Ed! I've REALLY appreciated ALL of your kind words and encouragment throughout this project. I REALLY do hope that someday you can come play it now that it's finished! Hope to be able to stay in touch here....so until my next post.....PEACE!
Enjoyed the pictures you posted,great job.Perhaps next year when visiting,we'll have to see what happens.vacations are always challenging.Peace
cool that you got your eagle on a golf project!
My parents challenged me to "Do something that will make a difference" for my Eagle Scout Project....and this was it!
Nathan, we have a disc course here in Frankenmuth, Mi that was done by a B.S. for his Eagle and he went around to all the businesses and asked for them to sponsor a hole (target, cement, hole sign etc.) We now have a very nice 18 hole course. Next good Eagle project for this course would be to have cement tee pads installed. Good Luck

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968