www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey all...I'm a 16 year old Eagle Scout Candidate and for my Eagle Project I plan on putting in a Disc Golf Course near my hometown. Right now I'm beginning the process of raising the funds to purchase all of the needed equipment. Something I could REALLY use right now is video so that I can put together a DVD to show to some local businesses and service clubs so that they can get a better idea of what this sport is all about. Any suggestions? Also might be interested in other fundraising ideas if any of you have them. Thanks!

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just printed it off! I'll be sure he gets it just in case he doesn't have one. THANKS CHUCK!!

I just got an e-mail from Jerry! (the other pro helping me on this project) We're gonna have to move a couple of the holes I think.....which will end up lengthening the course a little.....but as it sits right now.....it looks like the course will be in the neighborhood of a total of 4,610 feet from the Green Tees and 5,948 feet from the Red Tees. The longest holes look to be about 384 feet from the Green Tees and 584 feet from the Red Tees. The shortest holes look to be 185 for both.....but that's one of the holes we'll have to change. Very Cool!
Hmmmmmmm...... not sure how my post ended up above yours.....but it was in reply to it! (hahaha)
Based on PDGA hole length guidelines, those look more like Red and Blue tees rather than Green and Red, respectively?
Ohhhhhh.......I guess I'd better reconsider the colors......(hahaha)......I just used the official colors of the Boy Scouts....(uniforms and such)......I'll be sure to use the correct colors when we put everything into place! THANKS for the heads-up Chuck!
It's not critical but most new courses are trying to align with the accepted color scheme for the last 7 years or so when they were established. Maybe use the Red and Green Boy Scout colors for the map graphics on the tee signs?
GREAT IDEA!!! I think I've said it on here before but maybe not.....so if not.....I'll say it now. One of the BIG reasons for naming it "Eagle Scout Disc Golf Course".....is that when my part of this is finished.....I can see the possibilities of 4-5-6 other Scouts doing some improvements on the course for their projects.....whether it's adding more holes.....stairstepping a couple of the ravines that will be in play.....adding benches if I can't raise enough money to do it.....any number of things! This camp is just sooooooo right for this course you just wouldn't believe! And one of the things other Scouts as well as myself will have/have going for us is that donations to this camp are deductible, and that is REALLY helping as far as donations are concerned!
Keep up the Good work !!!!
Hopefully you'll shoot the first "eagle" on the course... ;-)
Go Eagle Scout, I got my Eagle Scout Award in 1977. My Son got his in 2003. Disc Golf has been a part of many Eagle projects in our area. Congratulations on your accomplishment.
Hey Nathan,

If you need any help with a course logo or any graphic design work for possible t-shirts I'm the guy for ya. I'd be happy to be of assistance if you need something.

Mike
Bill...I live on the southeast side of Houston, right next to NASA. Yeah, it sounds like the old KOA is now Honeybear Hollow...owned by a guy named Bob now. I heard that was one of the first 3 or 4 courses in the world...is that true? What does KOA stand for anyway? Not sure what drill bits are...either they don't still use 'em or I was just out of the loop...who knows. Haha...sorry, didn't mean to make ya feel old...

Nathan...sounds like a good price for Alan's baskets...I love those things anyway...if I were building a course, I'd use 'em. And the free shipping is always a plus. The course sounds awesome...can't wait to play it.
Thanks Donny! I'll certainly be trying!

Chuck.....The first Eagle on the Eagle course.....how cool would that be?

Donnie.....I'm amazed by the number of Scouts both Eagle and otherwise who've offered their help and/or best wishes on this. I LOVE hearing from others!

Nick.....Thanks for your encouragement.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968